• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big problems with gopro 3 black and hero 2

J

Jona$

Sep 29, 2012
Sweden
So have numerous problem withm my hero black 3

1.hangs at startup,charging sometimes.
2.records on display, shows both elapsed time and time left on memory but in real life the came can have already stoped recording, and as soon you press shutter button it hangs and you need to take out battery, this happens all the time.
3.Battery time is real low, can hold like 1hr 720/60 inside the house"have heard of a new battery comming"
4.should it really just rec 3hr22m in 720/60? my hero 2 with same settings makes like 4hr30m. this is with both the 32gb sandisk class 10 card, difference is there size.
5.When adding my bacpac to hero 3, the backlight goes on a rampage and blinks like a strobe, dont seem right.

6.alot of other small things happens, but wtf is this for crap? have problems with my hero 2 as well, when using it outside sledding with a bacpac, it only lasts like max 40min then the batteries are dead, if i just sat it out on the same temp and light setting it pulls of 2hr30min.

Magz

Lifetime Membership
Sep 21, 2009
Souther MN
I had the same problems with GoPro2 and got rid of it. I thought maybe from extreme temps (-20 F) but I switched to Liquid Image Goggles w/ camera built in and love it.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I was having similar problems with battery life etc. There is a firmware update on the GoPro sight for the 3. Pretty easy to do, they have a youtube and good instructions. Have not used the cam in the mountains yet so not sure if it is fixed. Kind of sucks that a new product takes some work to get it to work right.

Tahoe54

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Have you done the latest firmware update? I had trouble doing the auto update with mine and had to follow the manual steps. Until this was done mine was lagging and freezing as soon as I turned it on.

http://gopro.com/update

Premium Features