• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody want to take over my XM snowcheck?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I have one too many sleds ordered for next year. All black 154" XM with e start. If you are kicking yourself for not snowchecking an XM, let me know. I90 Motorsports in Issaquah, WA. Best dealer ever!

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
don;t need a sled...but i bet you could sell the story on how you lost count of how many sleds you ordered...??

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
It was a tough decision this year. Love the XM. Ordered one for myself, one for my son and one for my nephew. Made that decision early in the year. I wanted a spare sled. I really warmed up to my Pro this year. Had to ride it enough for it to feel normal. Was just going to keep the 12 Pro I had. The weight loss and belt drive were just enough to sway me into trading up to a 13.
Then late in the year I went and did a Ride with Chris Brown deal in Whisler. Rode his Yami Turbo. Man that was a fun sled. Loved the fact he had ridden it over 100 days this year with the turbo. Went on a search for a sled like his and realized pretty quick I was not going to find what I wanted and would have to build it. That is just beyond me and my mechanical skills.
Started reading the Cat section for info on the Cat 1100T. Found out that Evolution Powersports was the same guys as Evolution Motorsports(guys I knew from the car world) and that they had a 240pg/280rg turbo set up called the big chute that used the stock ECU and had all the engine protection and compensation of the stock set up. So I talked myself into an 1100T.
I wanted 3 sleds with a spare. Would rather have the option to ride the Pro than 2 of the same XMs. Love the idea of the 4 stroke Turbo performance and reliability. Story just for you M8...

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Never mind, Dave has me covered. lol. Been looking at the sled classifieds on several sites and man people are getting murdered selling their sleds. Guys with $25,000 in a nice turbo Yami can't get $10,000. 2012 Proclimbs for under $7000.

I

IdahoMike

Feb 3, 2006
Hailey, Idaho
I don't think there is anything that drops in value faster then a snowmobile. I use to think boats were the worst until I discovered the world of Snowmobiles.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Mike I think where you really get killed is in your mods. I have only been riding for a couple of seasons and have traded in the previous sled for a new sled each year. I have been OK with my trade in deals(thanks I90 Motorsports). Costs me about $3000 to ride for a full season of 25-30 days in the mountains. I think if you kept the sled for 2-3 seasons and traded in the depreciation wouldn't be that bad. I really like riding a sled with a warranty and not having problems in the mountains which has been my case riding new or nearly new sleds. One engine rebuild could cost over the $3000 I "pay" for the year i have my selds.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I don't think there is anything that drops in value faster then a snowmobile. I use to think boats were the worst until I discovered the world of Snowmobiles.

It didn't use to be that bad. I bought a new sled in 94, 96, 97 and 01. I never sold any of them for more than $1,500 less than I paid. I never kept a sled for more than 2 years.

Then I bought a 2004 RMK. I paid $7,700 for it and after 2 seasons sold it for $5,200. Biggest gap I ever had on a new sled and have never bought in the fall since.

I would love to buy a new sled at the beggining of the season like it did in the old days but I just can't swallow the current depriciation on sleds. In November 2011 a Polaris Pro 163 at my local dealer was $12,000. I bought last week of Feburary 2012 for $9,600 from the same dealer. What a beating on price in 4 months!!!!!!

Premium Features