• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XM MODS

S

storm800

Jun 26, 2009
IL
I SNOW CHECKED 154 ALL BLACK X .CAN NOT WAIT CAME OFF 2006 RENEGADE STRETCHED TO A 144. I'M NOT GOING TO DO TO MUCH TO THIS ONE.Thinking of floating clutch, ski plate, air flow vents,and maybe some clutch work.Hopefully no clutch work though hopefully they have it dialed !!!!!!

H

highmark289

Feb 11, 2008
columbia falls MT
Nice dude, I'm going to c how mine treats belts before I do a floating secondary, but I'm going to do a dynoport y pipe and can and a rooster built clutch kit

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
The list of my mods are short....C3 belt drive, Float the secondary, Clutch kit, and a Can that is reasonably close to stock sound!!!

Ace

T
Aug 8, 2011
I just got talked into working out a big bore package for it and then turboing that by January...oh the joy of mod sleds.

Other than that, probably just vent her up and hammer out the power plant.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
On floating the secondary, which is the better way of going....DooDoctor, or the BRP kit?

Ace

DDoctor...the BRP kit doesnt float...its a "removable QRS" kit...add the 2 hour "behind the chaincase/under the oil tank seal change" required...makes the DD kit a no brainer...BJ

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
DDoctor...the BRP kit doesnt float...its a "removable QRS" kit...add the 2 hour "behind the chaincase/under the oil tank seal change" required...makes the DD kit a no brainer...BJ

The Doo Doctor is a better option, but the BRP is a close second. And it does float just the same. Seal and tower is easy to change too.

Last edited:

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I'm thinking Doo Doctor floating secondary, clutching, pipe/can, Tom's evolution air rear, RPM composites full skid plate, possibly nitrous( have kit that would work, just not sure If I want to put it on).

toms

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2010
CA
www.tomssnowmobile.com
I'm thinking Doo Doctor floating secondary, clutching, pipe/can, Tom's evolution air rear, RPM composites full skid plate, possibly nitrous( have kit that would work, just not sure If I want to put it on).

I don't know; that turbo is working really nice for the E-Tecs! Reed issue has been addressed. We've spent 2 seasons refining a turbo specific ramp. (Actually our program can build any ramp profile we want these days.) (As well; remember those prototype rollers we sent you? Got them figured out too! Did I mention smooth?

Last edited:

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I don't know; that turbo is working really nice for the E-Tecs! Reed issue has been addressed. We've spent 2 seasons refining a turbo specific ramp. (Actually our program can build any ramp profile we want these days.) (As well; remember those prototype rollers we sent you? Got them figured out too! Did I mention smooth?

I've been trying real hard to talk myself out of a turbo, But made the mistake of rideing a good running 800R XP turbo and been kicking myself ever since:doh::frusty:, cause now I kinda need one. So that could be on the mod list as well.

D

dropitbuster

Nov 28, 2007
Terrace B.C.
Keeping her mainly stock. Trying to figure out where to fit a muff pot. Might have to put on an aftermarket can to get her in there. Heard about "The Thing" exhaust/cooker combo. Anyone have any reviews of it on an Etec?

Also want to put on a snowboard rack. Would like to integrate it with the Linq system to make it removable. Is this possible? I only see the mounts for the tunnel in the catalogue.

I inquired with RPM composites if there would be a new 907 skid plate for the XM. Raffi got back to me right away and said that he would be starting on a new design when he gets an XM hopefully in September. He also said he is hoping to increase the coverage and reduce the weight. Right now I am #23 on the XM wait list.

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
I had talked myself out of a turbo, but the recent news has really been testing my resolve. I would like to keep these stock, just throw a can on and call it good. Ride it and drop at the dealer for warranty if there are any problems.

R

Reno Tom

Jun 16, 2009
I had myself talked out of a turbo untill I rode a well running one in Revelstoke set up by Tom's.I called my wife and told her I made a big mistake that day by riding one.Without missing a beat she asked if I wanted to order one while there or wait untill I got home. I waited untill I got home and ordered.Second mistake was test riding the new XM.That too is on order.Can't afford anymore mistakes this year.By the way did I mention how much I love my wife.

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I had myself talked out of a turbo untill I rode a well running one in Revelstoke set up by Tom's.I called my wife and told her I made a big mistake that day by riding one.Without missing a beat she asked if I wanted to order one while there or wait untill I got home. I waited untill I got home and ordered.Second mistake was test riding the new XM.That too is on order.Can't afford anymore mistakes this year.By the way did I mention how much I love my wife.

Does she have any sisters ?

toms

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2010
CA
www.tomssnowmobile.com

It sounds like Randy's sled was working pretty good up there. Those Carbon Tech reeds sure helped out. The other good thing is we sincerely ramped up the clutching for the turbo. Noticable improvement on what we had in Revy. Better response, better boondock capability. You should have a lot of fun on your new sled. And because you are so happy, you will be able to do a lot of nice things for your wife!!! Looks like a win-win!

Tom

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Tom, you keep putting news like that on here, you are making it harder and harder to say no.:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features