• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who makes the best big bore kit for m1000

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Not sure exactly what you're trying to find out, but there are lots of companies out there that make BB kits for the M1000 motor. From what I know, most bore the stock cylinders out and put in bigger pistons. That makes the cost less but also limits how big a bore you can go. Also, you have to understand that the bigger bore will still have the same size and shape (basically unless modified but is limited due to space) transfer ports. That will limit the performance gained. I don't have any experience with it personally but I know Cutler performance makes a 1300 kit that uses different cylinders than the stock ones. That means it costs more, but also is a bigger bore and has transfer ports that will work better for that bore. The result is a much bigger gain than a bored out stock cylinder. Basically that means that his kit should be a lot better than a stock cylinder bored out not only because it is a 1300 instead of a 1200 but also because it has transfer ports designed for that big of bore. Hope that makes sense. Both my dad and I have run Cutler BB motors for several years now and we have both been very impressed with them. I recommend his products to anyone because they flat out work well. Just my $.02.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Heres one

http://www.terraalpsracing.com/product/1177cc-big-bore-fm-1000

Also have porting packages and head kits for the Cats as well

i have one of these kits...only its the m8 900 bigbore...i have had two full seasons on it...i look through the exhaust and power valve slides and spark plug holes on occasion for wash etc...it amazes me just how perfect everything is...the skirts...the domes...flawless...if you look in any stock sled with a few miles they all have some marks and nicks etc..it seems to be a very good pkg.....

Premium Features