• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Togwette lodge

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I want to know your stance on this new closure of 170000 acres you keep your business open from our patronage. Are you with us or against us?

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Why would they be in favor if they providing lodging for snowmobiles all winter? Just curious...

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Corporate owned what do they care about a few snowmobilers? They are more into the all mighty dollar ! If someone tells them there are Millions of Dog Sleds wating for a spot and will pay $1500 a night, they will jump on it and ditch their long standing loyalty!

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
Why are not all the businesses in the area in uproar? From Dubious all the way up the mountain? I haven't seen much from them maybe behind the scenes. I know the city of Dubious gets a lot of money from Sledders along with all others. Tog is owned by Ara mark which is a Corp. company in the hotel Bus. The University of Wyoming did a study on the impact of Snowmobiling on the State it was available online, at one time maybe it should be sent to these decision makers. I havn't been able to find it. If you haven't sent in a comment do so today. Use all your e-mail addresses if you have to I have. If you can go to the meeting GO I think it is at 4pm?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
They know sledders don't get butt hurt as easy and will keep showing up if they don't show support of stopping this. Supporting us would offend their summer snowflakes and everyone knows we just can't have that! :face-icon-small-dis

I made sure to let the commissioners know in my email that Teton County would be loosing 10s of thousands of dollars from me, my family, and friends alone if they push this through.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
I read via a shared FB post by Boondocker that it was voted down. That land is still open to us.

Correct, I seen it on numerous social media posts that it was voted down. So the lands stay open. That doesn't mean it won't change next year..... If and when they vote again?

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
IMO for as good as the snow usually is in the Wind Rivers i am not sure how snowmobile friendly it is. After a bad experience up there with a lodge 15 years ago I have rode up there several times but refused to spend a penny from Dubois to Jackson. I am going to stay up there this winter finally. Even i can't hold a grudge forever. I am sure they like our money. I expect they tolerate us to get it.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
It's hard not to ride there and spend some money but maybe we need to ban together and start calling these resorts out that take our money but don't support our cause. We are small in numbers but we spend crazy dollars on sledding.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
It's hard not to ride there and spend some money but maybe we need to ban together and start calling these resorts out that take our money but don't support our cause. We are small in numbers but we spend crazy dollars on sledding.

Very true! I remember back in like 2005 I was in Cooke city and we were talking to Sinclair store owners. They said their average sales per person in the winter times was like 35.00 and in the summer time it was 1.75!

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/environmental/article_4bef910f-108f-5a25-8e6f-52a67f68f757.html

Hopefully this works, it's a local news story on the County Commissioners' decision. There are some interesting tidbits, like how the people pushing it believe they're "bending over backwards" to accommodate snowmobilers when we're already barred from 82% of the land. We know some of them will keep at it until it's 100%, so we need to keep our eyes and ears open, but also be polite and make sure we don't give them any ammo. It's good to win a battle, but I have a feeling we're going to have to keep up the fight indefinitely keep a reasonable portion open to us.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Environmentalist / EPA

The truely sad & frustrating thought process of these type people and organizations is their complete lack of ( Real ) facts and common sense.

The EPA has forced diesel trucks from the late 1990's that got 20 to 27 miles per gallon........ Now 15 to 20 at best. ( plus they have added over $5000 to the cost of a new truck ) and came up with a net loss and made them pollute more.

These people and the organizations do more harm then good.

You can't decrease the mileage and realistically believe they got cleaner.....

If you add the ( Re-Gen ) pollution Created to the ( test area ) of these new trucks they are worst now then they use to be.

There are many newer 3/4 & 1Tons trucks with pollution delete kits getting north of 20 mpg and some 1/2 tons getting well over 30 Mpg to 35 mpg.

But These theories don't sit well with the global warming alarmist.

It's like condeming 2 stoke sleds from the Park...... That use less then a cap full oil to get thru the park.....

And to think the 4 Stroke truck that pulled the sleds there holds 15 quarts of oil and needs an oil change after 2000 mile tug to and from the mountains.

Environmentalist can't see the forest thru the trees.

The power of these people is off the charts...... Their sneak attacks playing innocent ( which they are not ) they are Ruthless land grabbing people.

And they spend almost no money into the economy !

4 tree huggers in a Honda Civic with a case of water in the trunk visiting the mountains with a tent and a bag lunch isn't a real economy lifter. ( cost of the Honda .... $20, 000 )

4 Dudes in a diesel Truck, Enclosed 4 place trailer, 4 mountain sleds ( combined cost of the rig ..... Well over $100,000 ) plus each guy has $500 to $1000 bucks cash in his pocket and will most likely come home broke.

Which group is better for the economy ? Geeeee let me guess.

Sorry but the facts are facts.

This is why it's SO IMPORTANT TO JOIN CLUBS LIKE THE BLUE RIBBEN COALITION that fight for us while we play.

If the entire USA went limp wristed and went full Monty ( Tree Hugger ) the economy would collapse in less then 5 years.

Dan

Last edited:

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
A screen shot of the email I received stating that wilderness vote went well. 5-0 against the wilderness, though it was by no means a lock.

50801fd20f3ae695c3e31da602308cda.jpg

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I guess I'm more curious why this is in the "Axys Section" and not in an area where more guys on Snowest will read and potentially get involved.........???

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
If you think about it.......It really should be a thread in every section.

Dan

Even a better idea !!!!

But we should probably spell “Togwotee” right.....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I still have no information on the original question nothing back on an email either. IMO big corporate company or not we as sledders need to know who we are patronizing. If sledding stopped at this destination I would bet the lodge would close.

Premium Features