• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Axys keeps detonating

P

polarisboyc

Aug 10, 2009
Utah
TSS Isn’t gonna cause det that I know of however it’ll feel like det. So if you’ve actually got a det code than it’s not likely the issue. But the way you described the issue it sounded like it might be a TSS failing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've definitely got a det code. It flashes det and throws a check engine light when it does it.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
100% it's not a clutching issue since your RPM's are now in check and Tss is not going to cause a det issue either.- TSS will cut the motor at any touch past idle-
In the lower 3# it should be fine with pump 91 non eth- at your elevation.

Where I would look next is the maybe the sensor in the pipe or the one in the head for a malfunction.

Last edited:
P

polarisboyc

Aug 10, 2009
Utah
100% it's not a clutching issue since your RPM's are now in check and Tss is not going to cause a det issue either.- TSS will cut the motor at any touch past idle-
In the lower 3# it should be fine with pump 91 non eth- at your elevation.

Where I would look next is the maybe the sensor in the pipe or the one in the head for a malfunction.

I appreciate the help! After looking at the pipe is does seem to be running on the lower cross brace as well as the front bumper. Could be the problem?

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
My pipe was rubbing into the cross member as well so I replaced that rubber mount piece for the pipe and added StraightLine's washers to the rubber piece to lift it away more. Still wasn't enough so then I shaved a half moon out of the support on the pipe so it physically can't touch the cross member anymore.

It still rubs my BMFAB bumper at times. The turbo pulls the pipe that direction and haven't come up with a fix for that one yet. The dealer up here and I were speculating that if we can have something pull the turbo from the panel side toward the front of the sled it would help straighten it out on the exhaust donut and possible ripple affect to straighten the pipe out as well.

Not to get too off topic anyhow ha.

P

polarisboyc

Aug 10, 2009
Utah
My pipe was rubbing into the cross member as well so I replaced that rubber mount piece for the pipe and added StraightLine's washers to the rubber piece to lift it away more. Still wasn't enough so then I shaved a half moon out of the support on the pipe so it physically can't touch the cross member anymore.

It still rubs my BMFAB bumper at times. The turbo pulls the pipe that direction and haven't come up with a fix for that one yet. The dealer up here and I were speculating that if we can have something pull the turbo from the panel side toward the front of the sled it would help straighten it out on the exhaust donut and possible ripple affect to straighten the pipe out as well.

Not to get too off topic anyhow ha.

Haha thanks for the info! I'll have to pull my pipe and mess with it

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Try zip tying a piece of 1/8” rubber belting between the pipe and bumper where it’s touching. I did it to my skinz bumper where it contacts the pipe. Will rule out that possibility since it will dampen any vibration.

Premium Features