• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

InReach SE Unit for Sledding and other outdoors sports

W

westhawk39

Dec 7, 2011
Whiteshell MB
I renewed my spot tracker a month ago and then came across this last week... far superior IMO

Nice to be able to explain the situation to 911 and get a response rather then pressing a button and crossing your fingers.

Probably double the cost for the subscription but can you put a price on safety? Nope.

Anybody have one of these?

Lank Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
I bought one last year. A little pricier than a SPOT but way better. We have an off grid property that is about 120 km from the nearest cell service and use it to communicate when needed from there. A moose bowhunting trip was nearly cancelled when my buddy had to back out but I went alone and texted back and forth with the wife a few times each day. Her stress level was way down. I have it with me anytime I am in the backcountry which is a lot.

Pgritton

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2009
Soda Springs
www.pgoutdoors.com
Rode in today somewhere around 15 to 20 miles. Hit a land mine and toasted an A arm. Sled was barely steerable so I used the inreach to call help to meet me on a nearby mining road. No way I could have rode the sled out the route I went in. Inreach worked very well and made a bad situation very manageable. I recommend the device!

W

westhawk39

Dec 7, 2011
Whiteshell MB
Rode in today somewhere around 15 to 20 miles. Hit a land mine and toasted an A arm. Sled was barely steerable so I used the inreach to call help to meet me on a nearby mining road. No way I could have rode the sled out the route I went in. Inreach worked very well and made a bad situation very manageable. I recommend the device!

That's awesome. Exactly why I bought mine. Hope I never need it for an emergency but a break down is very likely. I can't wait till more buddys have them so we can communicate in the backcountry

C
Mar 20, 2019
InReach

First tool in the pack. BMW adventure ride to Prudhoe Bay AK in 2016 by myself camped the entire way. 9,785 miles round trip, gone for just over 1 month. My family could track me daily and I had the reassurance that help was just a SOS button away.
Gave this devise to my daughter when she traveled to New Zealand backpacking. She called me a couple of times to check in and told me where she was. I told her I could see where she was within 50 ft. by satellite on my computer. Technology these days is truly amazing! Also you can send text thru InReach services when you have no cell service as long as you can see the sky.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
First tool in the pack. BMW adventure ride to Prudhoe Bay AK in 2016 by myself camped the entire way. 9,785 miles round trip, gone for just over 1 month. My family could track me daily and I had the reassurance that help was just a SOS button away.
Gave this devise to my daughter when she traveled to New Zealand backpacking. She called me a couple of times to check in and told me where she was. I told her I could see where she was within 50 ft. by satellite on my computer. Technology these days is truly amazing! Also you can send text thru InReach services when you have no cell service as long as you can see the sky.
All you have to do is keep it CHARGED UP!

Premium Features