• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is the Alpha One rear suspension powder coated or painted?

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
I'd like to change the color of the rear suspension in my Alpha One.
Can it be powder coated or should it be painted?
Has anyone done this yet?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I would paint it. Since some of the rail is glued, I’d be worried about the heat from the powder coating detoriorating the glue.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
There was one guy who coated his black. He didn't blast the purple off he just heated it and applied the black and then let it bake. This is the first person that has gotten back to me about how they did it. I have seen other people who have done it but they wouldn't tell me what they did.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
I would paint it. Since some of the rail is glued, I’d be worried about the heat from the powder coating detoriorating the glue.

I'm worried about the glue and the magnesium.

I've heard of a guy that has wrapped his green.
The only problem I have with this is how the wrap will hold up.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
There was one guy who coated his black. He didn't blast the purple off he just heated it and applied the black and then let it bake. This is the first person that has gotten back to me about how they did it. I have seen other people who have done it but they wouldn't tell me what they did.

I wonder how durable that would be?

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
He had it on the snow and nothing fell apart or was damaged but only time will tell on how it hold up to bigger hits.

Premium Features