• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Photos

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
So I see a Sp, Snopro, Mountain Cat and think the orange and black says King Cat. Looks like the Limited is maybe gone? Not surprised, they really didn't need 4 models. Glad they kept the Mountain Cat.

Very nice:) Kind of surprised no upgraded front bumper on the Mountain Cat, not that I ever run into anything...

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Thanks for the linq, so does the adjustable bars mean they went back to the old style? See there is a * with a $400 delivery charge so does this mean it's actually $14,599?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
So a new front bumper is mandatory even on the mountain cat. Awesome. The Sno Pro bumper is recessed so badly that you will hit the hood plastics on trees since it sticks out farther than the bumper. A 5 year old could have seen this issue.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
No mention of the lw shafts either on the mountain cat? Did they scrap that idea? So all im seeing different on the mountain cat are the shocks and led headlights?

Last edited:

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
So a new front bumper is mandatory even on the mountain cat. Awesome. The Sno Pro bumper is recessed so badly that you will hit the hood plastics on trees since it sticks out farther than the bumper. A 5 year old could have seen this issue.

I would say blame the weight war, Polaris brags about light weigh then riders have to spend money making them stronger, stupid game

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
Oh Cat so close you almost got me back. Give us more options for freakin sakes. ?

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Oh Cat so close you almost got me back. Give us more options for freakin sakes. ?

Like what? comes standard with just about everything I need, front bumper and Can and I ready to ride

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
No mention of the lw shafts either on the mountain cat? Did they scrap that idea? So all im seeing different on the mountain cat are the shocks and led headlights?

light weight brake

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I would say blame the weight war, Polaris brags about light weigh then riders have to spend money making them stronger, stupid game

Exactly what I did to my axys. Prob added 7-10lbs to it w front/rear bumpers. A arms, boards, and tunnel suspension brackets.

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
Like what? comes standard with just about everything I need, front bumper and Can and I ready to ride

Give us two color options for each model. If I'm going to snow check let me customize my ride with a few options to choose from. Limiting your models to one color option will not help sales

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
I rode a 17 Mountain Cat this season and was very impressed, assuming the 18 is even better and hoping for a chance at sweet snowcheck options...... I'm a little disappointed there. The snowcheck program from Polaris is so good I'm thinking I'll be staying in that camp (including other reasons). Sweet sleds, the 200 is really neat. If they could let you set it up in snowcheck like Polaris does it'd be more attractive

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Yeah I figured with the limited release of the Mountain Cat last year being a hit they would have expanded on that and brought out more than one color this year. Especially since no limited models. Maybe cat was hurting that much before their buy out that they didnt expand, and put more money into tooling different colors. Bad move though. Look at what Polaris started doing a couple years ago. They have multiple color options available. It was a hit to build your own sled online. Really a great thing like the auto industry has.

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
Seems like a big improvement over the camo green one they had last year but I'm kind of partial to black. Nice contrast. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the highmark sled next year based on comparisons I've seen with the '17s. Great step forward for Cat.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
cat needs to get a new website design team. and what are they doing with seats lately its confusing you see long seats in some pics short in others.
hopefully theyre not done with this yet because no mention of lightweight stuff. that brake disc has been out for what two years now.
nice sled, a little boring on the graphics if you ask me, leaving room on the table for next year there too i guess.

Premium Features