• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

570 berg filter

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
I have used the stock foam air filter covered with the Outerwear prefilter that comes with the Timbersled kit for years. It works well.

For more flow and to reduce the once and awhile big hit powder bog. I am using a conical filter fitted directly to the throttle body with an Outerwear prefilter this year on the 660. I just remove the rubber intake boot and filter element. Extend the CCV tube down to the swing arm bolt area. i also am zip tying the IAT sensor up close to the pod filter.

M
Jan 14, 2004
I'm helping PP with a few items on his install. Question, is there a Husaberg specific Outerwears made for the triangular airbox. I have my original round one that came with my KTM kit, haven't tried it yet just wondering if it will work.

M5

hey guys
looking for solution for air filter, can not find any outerwear products that will work any idea's
Understand your frustration. The outerwear supplied fits like sheet over the foam filter or just the plastic cage alone. Folds and pleats and leaks like sheet. I trimmed mine with scissors, cut the elastic band right off. Then took a new foam element filter and glued the outerwear trimmed to it just before where the foam sits on intake rubber. My seat has a rectangle hole cut right through it overtop center of filter and then two stainless metal Bezels or rings sandwiched between a fine mesh ridged pre filter, sits right in front of your junk, if snow lands on top of seat and intake one brush with your glove and it's gone. Been running this since 2010, gut your pipe and now your Berg will actually breath. One negative; ear plugs mandatory!

Last edited:
M
Jan 14, 2004
Thanks for the help guys. The bike 570 PP bought is a really nice ride. The previous owner was clearly meticulous about everything. It has a ton of extras on it from a full FMF system to a fuel programmer, map switch, carbon fibre guards, rad guards etc etc etc. Lots of goodies and super clean.

What will the 570 tolerate for gearing. Right now its set up 13 17 17 20 but I think it should be able to pull 14 16 17 20 or maybe 15 17 17 20 if the chain works out for that combo. I have all the gears here we can try from my KTM.

Any other tips or suggestions?

M5

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Found 1st gear too low with 17 top 20 on bottom so switched to 20 on top. Bie has't been ridden yet so don't know the outcome but should be faster. :lol:

Premium Features