• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled kit on a Husaberg FE390?

Hey guys,

I see the fit kit listed for Husaberg 09-14 450-570

but no mention of the 390. I'm 99.99% sure the bikes are the same aside from some extra cc's.

I also see people putting kits on smaller cc bikes, so i'm wondering if there is a reason the 390 wouldn't be suitable?

I know i'm out of luck w/ 2moto due to the design not working on these pds bergs, but hoping timbersled has me covered!

If so i'll have all 3 modes covered :)

Cheers,

Jeff

M
Jan 14, 2004
If that's the same frame as the 450/570 then you should be fine the fit kit will be the same. Lots of guys running the KTM 350, different motor but I would think the 390 would have enough, it'll be on the light side power wise but it will get you around fine IMO.

Side question for you, how much does the motard setup lower your seat height by over the dirt wheels? I'm just wondering if my wife could ride my bike with a motard setup on it?

Thx M5

I'm on the far east coast of canada (newfoundland) and we don't get alot of deep snow anyways, so likely the 390 would be fine for my needs...

Hmm, the seat height, good question. I'm out of the country for another month so I can't do any measurements and I have the dirt wheels back on as well.

But looking @ the internet, I see one site list:

FE 390 @ 985 mm
FS 570 @ 895 mm

The FS is the supermoto version, but it has a shorter suspension as well as the smaller wheels, so my guess is somewhere between those 2 :)

Sorry, can't really give more of an accurate reading :) I do know that with the dirt wheels on i'm on the tips of my toes (33" inseam or so - 6 ft tall) but I can flat foot w/ the street wheels (not much of a help either, hehe)

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
The 390 is the exact same frame and forks as the other Bergs.. So it will fit. It'll push it just fine, but it won't win any drag races against any other bikes. You'll love it assuming you aren't planning on riding groomed trails all day.. They really are not that much run on groomed trails. If in nfld, riding of trail is acceptable then you'll love it and learn to deal with the groomies between the good sections.

Premium Features