• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

12' pc800 died,then starts,the won't start,now runs fine?!

S

snopro176

Nov 27, 2007
Yuba City,CA
Im out in Wyoming getting some riding in since California isn't getting a winter and today was the second day riding when she died. Rode all day today in awesome deep powder,sled ran awesome, couldn't be happier. Then on the way home down the trail it just died. Put a little fuel in just cause it was a little low but not yet flashing "fuel" on the gauge. Fired right up. Then after shutting it down again,it wouldn't start for anything. Took the gas cap off and tried,nothing. Towed it back. Then fired it right up,drove it into the trailer and its run fine since? It was idling a but high today,around 3000, but i figured it might have been due to the snow choking it. Anyone have this problem or know the fix? This is my first real ride on a PC so I'm still learning!

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I would be looking for a bared wire or loose wiring connection. Ran into this same problem on my m1000 and it ended up being a bared wire going to the powervalve servo motor.

sledstormed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho
Check your throttle cable where it goes into the throttle assembly (handle bar). If it's loose and moves in and out of the assembly, you're TPS might be messing with you.. My throttle cable housing came out of the block and was moving around in the assembly. I took the assembly apart and snaped the cable housing end back into the block and which fixed the issue.

Last edited:
Premium Features