• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

call me crazy but, 4stroke project in Pro chassis?

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
We are all very familiar with the yamadoo nytro motor to rev chassis conversions out there, do you expert project wizards think a guy could take a phazer motor, turbo it, and make it fit a 13 pro? I realize exhaust comes out the back of motor but having 140 hp at elevation with the torque of 4stroke seems to be a sweet combo in pro chassis! Think its possible?

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Great idea! But by the time you get a pro chassis, the motor, the turbo, yada yada yada, you probably will be within 4-5k of what one of the Powerhouse customs Nytro Pros are. I realize you are trying to stay somewhat budget friendly here that is why you are talking Phazer, but like stated above those motors are very fragile on boost, and not very capable.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
I did not realize those motors were that fragile on boost? Guess that answers my question, this is just what I wish the manufacturers would build and since I have a pro and a phaser ( just sitting around) I thought what a fun project that would be! Oh and for the record a four stroke turbo at 140hp would be a lot more fun then any stock 800..

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Having owned a turbo phazer and replacing a motor in one because of boost, I would not recommend this. Now a cat 1100 turbo with some evo upgrades would be sweet, but heavy.

D

dcooper

Mar 6, 2012
Jackson, WY
It's not a pro though. It's a custom chassis somewhat based on the pro front geometry and with pro plastics.

As an owner of an 11 ski doo and a 12 pro I would love to see someone plop an etec into a pro chassis. That oughtta rip pretty well.

Premium Features