• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 PRO RMK Question.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
The black PRO is a 2013 800 PRO RMK with maybe a 1000 miles. It's a friend of mines and it's been sitting in my shop for over two years and it's been over two years since he used it last. For some reason oil keeps leaking out of the exhaust. I have moved it several times and after I move it a new oil leak shows up on the floor. The red one is my 2014 800 with just over 1000 miles and there is no leaks from that one at all. Ever. I use it every winter. I am totally confused as to how it can keep dripping oil.
picture.php

picture.php

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Open side panel, follow path of oil to discover source.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Has the oil level in the tank dropped at all? If so perhaps the oil pump is letting a little bit of oil leak past, or possibly a bad center crank seal allowing oil from the cross shaft into the cases and then getting pushed out the exhaust when it's run. Do you idle the sled periodically? If so, oil will accumulate in the pipe as it won't be burned off until the pipe reaches full operating (riding) temp for some time.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
My 2013 did that when I first bought it over the summer (second hand). After the first snowfall I took it our for a good ride and I never saw the leak again. I'm pretty sure the comments saying it's just oil built up in the can from not being ran hard are true, seems like when I would fire it up and let it idle for 10 minutes or so just to hear it run over the summer months, the oil build up would get worse and coincidentally the leak would persist.

If you're having oil drip from your can you probably also have it collecting in your belly pan from the power valve control solenoid. I'd look into rerouting the drain tube while you're in there.

I wouldn't worry too much about it although it's pretty annoying. It'll most likely clear out after a few miles down the trail on your first ride

Premium Features