• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Titanium Welding - Dobeck Controller - HELP!!

A

AKdragon700

Jan 14, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
I need HELP on this guys, any advice, references or anything helps

I bought a Dobeck controller over two months ago and quickly realized my titanium FMF exhaust was gonna cause a big hurdle in properly getting it installed.

I live in Alaska, and cannot find anyone that has the right equipment or practice to weld on thin wall titanium.

So I brought my exhaust to California with me to get it welded in. I mean SoCal is the race bike capital of the west coast. FMF has a factory here! There has to be someone around that has experience with this right?

Well I called 3 KTM dealers including the biggest Chapparal. I called 3 custom truck fab shops and I called FMF tech department directly. Not a single person could point me in a solid direction. FMF said "O ya our racers do that all the time....but we have no idea who or where"

I'm gonna keep searching in the local area for convenience but at this point I will ship it anywhere on the west coast to get done.

Any help is appreciated on this, thanks

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
If you are not in a hurry, I can and have done TI aircraft parts. I'm way behind on my to do items so it would be late Jan. to mid Feb. before I'd have a chance to get it done. PM me if you want to work some thing out. At least I'm only a short road trip away. We might even have snow by then?

We could work the details out via PM and or e-mail / text.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Just go to a welding supply house and ask who local can do it, they know who is welding TI in the area

A

AKdragon700

Jan 14, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
TI Weld/Valdez POW

If you are not in a hurry, I can and have done TI aircraft parts. I'm way behind on my to do items so it would be late Jan. to mid Feb. before I'd have a chance to get it done. PM me if you want to work some thing out. At least I'm only a short road trip away. We might even have snow by then?

We could work the details out via PM and or e-mail / text.

Thanks LoudHandle. I will for sure let you know about this in Februrary. I'd love to come ride Valdez this winter!

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Did you try calling alternative impact are diamond s mfg they both manufacture titanium snowmobile parts, I'm shure there busy this time of year but it's worth a shot.

F

funjunkie

Nov 26, 2007
You can send it to Timbersled and they can do it and it sent right back to you. Call and talk to Jason and tell him Dale said he would do it. Just need to mark were you want it wldd on at.

Premium Features