• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Affordable cover

powderzone

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2013
Calgary
need better design

I used my TS cover yesterday for the first time. Drove 200 miles and the right side zipper (for the strap) kept coming undone and flapped all over the place. My opinion is it needs more than a strip of velcro at the bottom of the zipper to hold in place. I transported my bike in the bed of my pickup so not too bad for wind but lots of buffeting. Either TS needs to reinforce the bottom of the zip with cross straps (fastex) or heavy duty buttons. Another option is to streamline the profile coming from the handlebars down to the spindle. The current profile is like a big sail catching the wind and flapping around until the velcro peels away and the zipper fails.
I'm going to take it in to my local tent repair guy to see what we can McGyvor.
I think the zippers are unnecessary and might just have them removed. I didn't have any trouble putting straps on without unzipping the cover.
Cheers!

W
Mar 10, 2010
My sons girlfriend is a seamstress. She is just about to buy a new industrial machine. We've been talking about doing some covers and selling them. What do you guys think the price point would need to be. She could bang off a cover in nothing flat, it'd be a piece of cake compared to a ball gown some of the fancy dresses she does. What type of material would guys want?

M5

The $150 price point seems pretty reasonable to me. I think $300 is asking a lot. My preference is a cover that fits tight and doesn't flap. The factory skidoo covers are nice but they aren't waterproof. I don't think you'll find a waterproof material to make a cover out of that will be economical.

M
Jan 14, 2004
The $150 price point seems pretty reasonable to me. I think $300 is asking a lot. My preference is a cover that fits tight and doesn't flap. The factory skidoo covers are nice but they aren't waterproof. I don't think you'll find a waterproof material to make a cover out of that will be economical.

That was kind of the price point I was thinking as well but I don't think there will be any meat left on the bone at that price. I gotta think that in order to hit the 150 buck point they would need to be made overseas. There's got to be 3 or 4 yards of material there before cutting, we will have to get some pricing.

M5

Premium Features