• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need some opinions or thoughts

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Looking at getting a 2009 RMZ 450 with full fmf pipe, renthal bars, 15 LT kit with bag, gas can and tool box. Only seen snow once and low hours on bike. Also come with excel rims and Dunlop tires and a spare rear with paddle tire on it. Bike appears to be in excellent shape. Just curious about what this bike with the kit is worth. Don't want to get it then not like it and end up paying too much for it so I cant get rid of it. Ive only rode a snowbike for about 15min in hard pack

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
My guess is $7000 to $7500. I have no idea. If you ride it off the hard packed trail, you'll like it a lot!! Completely different mind set from sledding. The tighter and steeper the better. Go for it.

Motogeek33

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2009
North Idaho
Looking at getting a 2009 RMZ 450 with full fmf pipe, renthal bars, 15 LT kit with bag, gas can and tool box. Only seen snow once and low hours on bike. Also come with excel rims and Dunlop tires and a spare rear with paddle tire on it. Bike appears to be in excellent shape. Just curious about what this bike with the kit is worth. Don't want to get it then not like it and end up paying too much for it so I cant get rid of it. Ive only rode a snowbike for about 15min in hard pack

The 2015 LT with fit kit alone costs over $6K new... I'd think you could still easily get $5,000-$5,500 for it if you sold it later this season. I'd guess the bike would be worth around $4K. So as long as you're paying around $9,500 to $10K or so, you're doing just fine. But I spose demand in your area could be different from here.

If you've only ridden a snowbike on hardpack and you STILL want to buy one, then I think you're going to love it when you get out in the good stuff! :face-icon-small-hap

M
Jan 14, 2004
Find out how much sand riding its had. If it comes with a paddle tire it may have had the crap ridden out of it. Sand is as hard on thumpers as snowbiking.

M5

Premium Features