• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest Western Guide to Snowmobiling Survey 2010.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
<table bgcolor="#abc7df" border="0" width="650"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" align="middle">[SIZE=-2].[/SIZE]</td></tr> <tr> <td></td> <td>

Welcome to our SnoWest Western Guide to Snowmobiling Survey 2010.

Would you please take a few minutes to fill out the survey?

This survey is where we ask our readers to tell us their favorite riding spots in the West. The results of this survey�compiled into the Top 15 Trails in the West�are used in the Western Guide.

You’ll see that we’ve listed several riding areas in the West. These are top picks from past surveys and are really just a place for you to get started. If you’ve ridden one of these spots, go ahead and put some scores in there. However, if there is a place you’ve ridden and it’s not listed, then list it in the space provided. Please include your name and hometown so we can accurately track our results. </td></tr> <tr> <td align="middle">
swlogo.jpg
</td> <td> Happy Sledding,
Your Friends at SnoWest Magazine
</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">[SIZE=-2]
Harris Publishing, Inc. Idaho Falls, ID publishes: Boating Sportsman, Diesel Tech, Houseboat, Idaho Falls,Mod-Stock, Mountain West Golf, Mountain West Turf, Pontoon & Deckboat, Potato Grower, Sledheads, SnoWest, Sugar Producer, Playground, Western Guide to Snowmobiling.[/SIZE]</td></tr> <tr> <td>
</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="middle">[SIZE=-1]Harris Publishing Promotions
360 B Street
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
[/SIZE]</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited:

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
I am sorry if this is rude but I have not been here for about 6 months now. Partly due to the site turning pay and partly due to it being summer. Anyhow, I have to pay to get the Magazine that doesn't come half the time and now have to Pay to read these forums, but Snowest wants my opinion on where the best place to ride are for FREE!!! :mad:No thanks I will not participate in this. I understand they are just asking to participate and we have the choice to participate or not and that is fine. I guess by getting that private message that was sent out just stirred up my emotions again for this site. :frusty:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If you only ride in Canada don't waste your time looking at this!!

Not so fast!

There is a section that is open to WRITE IN your favorite trail.
"Other Favorite Riding areas"

If you would like to vote for trails in Canada, PLEASE WRITE THEM IN.

If we get enough people voting for a particular trail, it will be added to the survey in the future.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
if you want a bunch of out of towners to come track up your favorite riding area vote for it!

That's a great attitude, ask all the business's in the area if they feel the same way.
It's good to know the economy is booming in your area, because it sucks in ours and were a tourist area.

D
Jun 10, 2010
Vermont
Eastern Snowmobiler

If you're ever looking for best places in the East, think VERMONT!! Our VAST trails are amazing!! www.vtvast.org
Thanks!
-Diana

<table bgcolor="#abc7df" border="0" width="650"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" align="middle">[SIZE=-2].[/SIZE]</td></tr> <tr> <td></td> <td>

Welcome to our SnoWest Western Guide to Snowmobiling Survey 2010.

Would you please take a few minutes to fill out the survey?

This survey is where we ask our readers to tell us their favorite riding spots in the West. The results of this survey�compiled into the Top 15 Trails in the West�are used in the Western Guide.

You’ll see that we’ve listed several riding areas in the West. These are top picks from past surveys and are really just a place for you to get started. If you’ve ridden one of these spots, go ahead and put some scores in there. However, if there is a place you’ve ridden and it’s not listed, then list it in the space provided. Please include your name and hometown so we can accurately track our results. </td></tr> <tr> <td align="middle">
swlogo.jpg
</td> <td> Happy Sledding,
Your Friends at SnoWest Magazine
</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">[SIZE=-2]
Harris Publishing, Inc. Idaho Falls, ID publishes: Boating Sportsman, Diesel Tech, Houseboat, Idaho Falls,Mod-Stock, Mountain West Golf, Mountain West Turf, Pontoon & Deckboat, Potato Grower, Sledheads, SnoWest, Sugar Producer, Playground, Western Guide to Snowmobiling.[/SIZE]</td></tr> <tr> <td>
</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="middle">[SIZE=-1]Harris Publishing Promotions
360 B Street
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
[/SIZE]</td></tr></tbody></table>

C
Jan 15, 2009
Colorado Springs
Tough one,

A simple poll has generated more interesting emails in a day or so then I have seen on this site in the last 3-4 months. Good, bad, right, or wrong.

Thinking how I might reply???? First I looked at the survey, heck, there was only two or three places for the state of Colorado. That was a slap in the face... Folks that run this website need to broaden their horizons, or their knowledge of Colorado locations for magnificent riding areas.

If we don't brag about our own area's, who will. I do agree that it might burden some of us who enjoy the pristine areas, possibly inviting others to mark up the fresh stuff, but, what about those businesses that support our sport. How about them? Lord knows they need the help. I don't think we can depend on the Obama administration or the tree huggers, the Hidden Jem's folks or the Forrest Service folks to promote our great sport, unless some of you know something I do not. Anything that brings the riders, brings the monies to the businesses, which then, promotes our sport. If we can help them to survive then I would think they will do there best to support us.

Regardless whether you think this site and survey is self serving, Colorado riders completing this survey will help Colorado businesses help Colorado riders.

Just my opinion.

Chaos

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Colorado riders completing this survey will help Colorado businesses help Colorado riders.

Just my opinion.

Chaos

This is the first time that the survey has been sent out to the forums.
This year's survey COULD break with the historical rankings IF members like you take the time to write in their favorite trails..

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Colorado riders completing this survey will help Colorado businesses help Colorado riders.

Just my opinion.

Chaos

Yep, come to CO... ride vail pass. it's ausm.

People that tell all the gaper masses about their favorite spots that AREN'T ALREADY full of out of town dorks, deserve all the tracked up glory that they get.

Hey, instead of riding in my favorite area, heck, come right into my back yard, use my race gas, sleep with my wife... it'll benefit my local economy right?

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
nice try BCIL....no good sledding in CO (well besides Vail).....just keep on driving thru to Utah

If you have ever been to a local sledding spot only to find the lot overstuffed with out of towners grilling brats and drinking beers (of course marking their territory with empties and misc other garbage) you might know where White Rad is coming from.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
marking their territory with empties and misc other garbage

Bingo.

People don't respect something they didn't have to work to find. If you show them personally, they know it matters & show respect. Just like I would never advertise where my hut is, but I'll gladly show someone the place. (oh, and that allows the ability to select out the toolbags)

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
yah its great when tons of "visitors" who don't bother learning the wilderness boundaries or don't care cause they are just passing through go poach with all their friends and piss of the BC skiers. Getting areas closed down sure will help the local sled shop/economy. And our economy is in the ****ter too. But i don't live near a huge resort area or "sledding destination" for a reason so more people won't help!

T
Nov 30, 2007
Apparently this attitude isn't limited to Wyoming

Here we go again!! I would the above posters to define "out of town". Does that mean someone from another state, another county, another, township?????? In case you haven't noticed there are a-holes every where. There is probably one living in your back yard. And that's why you don't take him snowmobiling with you. Did it ever occur to you that you live in a remote area? Population really isn't up there, so there is a pretty good chance that a-hole will be an 'out of towner" reguardless of your definition.

Point is this: There are thousands of people that travel great distances to visit the place you call home. And a vast majority of those people place a lot of stock in that opportunity. That is why they get involved in surveys, calling elected officials, local clubs, and online forums. Because the experience that they had was worth protecting. If you condemn someone from "out of town" for tracking up for favorite spot, then you are more dangerous to the cause than the one in a thousand a-hole in the parking lot drinking beer. We need strength in numbers these days to fight off the onslaught of the liberal machine. So you should probably put your broad brush away, stop worrying about a track in the snow, and stop pissing us "out of towners" off that wait all summer to bring our hard earned money into your tack base. You are not the only place that has snow.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Wow, I think this is the first time I can say that tudizzle and BCIL are being very ignorant. By definition you are an "out of towner" if you do any traveling at all to ride(and I know you don't ride in only one mountain range dizzle). And really? you are going to say that every person from outta town is an a$hat? Well if thats the case I don't know why I bother picking up my trash and following the rules of the road.

OH and I suppose I better apologize in advance for tracking up any of YOUR precious snow, Now I know that anything that is fresh is reserved strictly for the folks who live nearer the mountains than I.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
After reading through this, I get this impression.

You want us "Non Locals" to join Saws and BRC and send them our money to keep your sledding areas open, as long as we don't come ride our sleds there.

I think this means the next time I'm asked to donate money or help support a area being closed, I need to see if it's your favorite area they are trying to close.

Heck, I also see there is a dealer that wants to sell us parts as long as we don't come out to the mountains to ride the sled they sold us parts for.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Promoting riding areas is kind of a double edge sword. Sure you want the sport to grow, and for everbody to check out different areas. But at a point some spots just simple cannot take the numbers.

Imagine if you drove those thousand miles only to find the parking lot full. In fact its soo full all the time that now the Forest Service is out there every day monitoring the situation. Soon they realize..wow we could make some money here. And then they start charging for parking...next they make you pay for a daily pass to access the back country, even going as far as making you wear a bright orange tag on your jacket like the ski resorts. Now they are running things and have all kinds of liability...so they start limiting the number of people that can ride there each day. Next they decide, to ride here you need to be accompanied by a guide so you don't get lost or wonder into the wrong area. So now you have traveled this great distance only to be told sorry....not today.

This has become the reality in different locations already.

I do ride all over the West in several different states every year so I understand both sides of the argument.

In my previous post I was just trying to understand/explain where WR was coming from. Not being able so see other peoples perspective is what I would consider ignorant.

Premium Features