• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need input from the ladies!!!

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
Personally I think I have the LR for all the CHICK specific information I need and I don't see a need for a women's section on Snowest. but that's jus tme, I'll post wherever I'm gonna post. I won't be opposed to you all who want one having a section.... But I also prolly won't hang out there too much, It's already too hard keeping up with the treads I'm on on here and on LR and on Dootalk!! Jeesh!!

My thoughts are along this line as well.

W
Jan 2, 2008
I've talked to gals on this 4m before askin stuff and they seem to find threads like those pretty easy in the general section or FP

but we got so many freakin sections now I dunno how anyone finds anything :rolleyes:

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
The only thing I dont like about just one forum for the women is that topics get lost easily - we women talk about a lot of different things on LR and it's nice to have all our topic specific forums available to post in (Riding photos & Stories go in the "Ride Report" forum, new gals can introduce themselves in the "Who's Who" forum, products & gear topics go in another forum... etc.)

I get lost on the Thumpette forum - too many differant topics to sort through on one forum but luckily, it's not posted on too often so it's at least easy to run down the list and through the pages to find the topic you might be looking for.

BUT - it might be nice to have a ladies section on snowest so that the new girls feel more welcome, especially if they dont know about the LR. And yeah, it might be really popular! Cant hurt to try it out. What's another forum to wade through on snowest anyway?

Or - snowest could post a link to the LR for the women since it's so well established? However, I do know there are a few women on Snowest who have boycotted the Ladies Ride forum so maybe they will appreciate a womens section on here? I'm guessing not by there perspective though. Not all women appreciate other women riders or their opinions just b/c they're women and many arent imtimidated by men on here so probably feel right at home without the womens section. However, I will add that most women I know are not comfortable posting where mostly men do and that most men I know, are not comfortable with signing up and posting on the LR forum so a women's section on SW might be a great bridge to this gap. A place where all you guys can direct your questions about your women riders and place to invite and encourage women to join - SW obviously gets 100's times more traffic!

I know our numbers are growing steadily! I think it was the BRC magazine that mentioned in an arcticle in the currant mag that more and more families are getting involved rather than just "dad/hubby/boyfriend" and the boys. This is one of the greatest ways to spend time outdoors with the family!

Should we start a "guy's" forum on LR? LOL

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com

That's just crazy talk! lol

I have spent less and less time on SW in the past few years. Seems like alot of weeding to get to the goods. But, that is me! ;)

Women seem to be a different breed and not all feel comfy with the male domination on SW. In that regard I'd think a ladies section would be fantastic! Give them a safe feeling to ask their questions and get GOOD answers. And to actually be able find past posts specific to their needs.

I say go for it Wish! :beer;

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!

That's just crazy talk! lol

LOL!!!!!!!! Wouldn't that just be a picture forum???? Like with no talking....:p;)

It's nice to see that the SW admin is thinking of the ladies. That's nice to know and makes me feel more welcome. Thumbs up to that.:face-icon-small-hap

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
I think that Things have really changed since I learned how to snowmobile in the early 1970s. My 1st sled was a 1971 399 AC panther boy have the machines changed, from Back in those days, guys did it and most girls stayed at home. and kept their Farrah Fawcett-Majors hairdos dry and fluffy. Sure, a few women were in the lineup, but they were almost as rare as a cougar in downtown saltlake.
I've spent most of my life kicking around the outdoors, camping hunting fishing and more women are showing up out there now. It's wonderful to see. I still don't see very many Girls out there at my age. they are at home reading a book or who knows what

Women have always been all over the ski slopes, sail boarding spots water skiing and hiking trails, but I've noticed a sharp increase in women fly fishing, hunting, surfing, skateboarding snowmobiling and other outdoor sports that were male-dominated for years. I started thinking about this last winter--when I saw plenty of women ripping up the mountains, the mountain was cranking out big, meaty hills, but these women were getting their share of Climbing in, --and carving and slashing on their rides. . Then I noticed how many great female snowmobiles had come out too play. and rip on the slopes. (This was so rare 30 years ago). All these outdoor women bring grace and a new outlook to sports that were a little too drenched in testosterone. I know all this is not completely new. Women today aren't afraid of getting their hair wet or sand in their ears. or snow in there face,

Female snowmobiles who has charged around the planet, are great role models.

So, I guess I would no longer understand a world where it is rare to see a woman cast a plastic worm--or a fly. It's not a surprise to see women shooting trap or stalking game. I can't imagine not seeing women shredding the snow at the mountain.The outdoors needs all the friends it can get these days, and women belong out there. They have always belonged out there. I grew up on Dirt Bikes road bikes anything that had a motor in it, if my father was out in the garage working on was right on his heels I had to know what was going on inside that hood. I know that more women are on the way. .

And you know its great fun to go with friends and meet new ones and all these women should be laughing with the pure joy of it all. so yes it would be nice to have a woman's place to go and meet new friends, and encourage them to get involved in the sports. so I am all for it!

S
Oct 4, 2009
I think it is a great idea to have a lady's frorum. I only know two women who are actully good at snowmobiling. It will be nice to have girls who actully know what their talking about when I ask them a question.:) Right now I have to go to the men I ride with to get advice.:(

Premium Features