• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I must be crazy but.....

M

miko

Nov 28, 2007
So. Dak.
I just passed up on a 4 day trip to Cancun for work because it was on the same week of an already planned snowmobiling trip.

I thought of it this way:

A vacation is something you enjoy and to get away from work. I felt I would have a lot more fun sledding with my friends in Montana than on a beach in Mexico with my co-workers talking about work the whole time!

I can't wait to ride and I hope Cooke City gets snow by Jan 18th or I'll be ticked off! Haha!

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Good Choice! Last February, we passed up a first time trip to McCall, ID with good friends to go to Kona, HI with my wife's sister and her husband. Sure, we had fun in Kona, but we really missed out on some major epic snow conditions in McCall. Should've went sledding!!!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I won't take my PTO time to vacation with extended family, nor will I take it to go visit them. Only parts of the wife's family live far away so........ she goes, I don't. 2.5 to 3 weeks of my PTO goes to sledding and 1 to 1.5 weeks go to bow hunting.

When we get ready to take a nice vacation with our kids, I'll do that with no regrets.

Feb 28, 2009
beaches are for the summer when you cant sled. I let my wife go and now she is my ex wife :face-icon-small-coo and i wish I could say I missed her but I dont I get to sled a lot more:becky:

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
our company is now doing vacations for winter break for college students that have snowmobile trips within the vacation... :).

not to mention all the other locations, but snowmobiling is definitely on the wishlist for some as far as their idea of a dream vacation....

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I get to go to Cancun in Early Jan and it's totally paid for by the company, and I can take as much time off to snowmobile. The best of both worlds. Well, almost. I would much prefer that work paid for all of my snowmobiling instead.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I agree...do it all

Beaches...snow capped mountains...life is one big adventure!

Live for the moment and never feel like you are "missing out" on something.

S

slednutz

Nov 28, 2007
Pipestone, MN
www.theslednutz.com
My last college final is december 17th leave for mexico with my family tell christmas eve, spend christmas day with the family thne leave the next day for a week at the Grand Mesa in colorado, couldn't ask for a better way to spend my december.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I agree...do it all

Beaches...snow capped mountains...life is one big adventure!

Live for the moment and never feel like you are "missing out" on something.
Word.....I'm going to Hawaii in late feb/early march and I really won't care how good the sledding is LOL

M

miko

Nov 28, 2007
So. Dak.
I made the decision and not looking back! I use about every hour of PTO I have for sledding and I won't regret it. I will take the wife on a trip to Mexico by ourselves and have a better time than hagning out with co-workers. Isn't a vacation something that you take and not think about work? That is what I am thinking.

Thanks for the support everyone!

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
LOL....well I am in Cancun right now and I can't wait to get home to Montana to snow.

And I am on snowest. Did I mention I am in Cancun right now.

I'll not plan things this way again.

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
That's weird... my brother lives in Aberdeen and he has the opportunity to go to Cancun in January, compliments of his employer. I'm sure there wasn't even a discussion with the wife on whether to go snowmobiling or Cancun... That's okay, now I don't have to his stuff ready until probably Feb/April.

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
I just passed up on a 4 day trip to Cancun for work because it was on the same week of an already planned snowmobiling trip.

I thought of it this way:

A vacation is something you enjoy and to get away from work. I felt I would have a lot more fun sledding with my friends in Montana than on a beach in Mexico with my co-workers talking about work the whole time!

I can't wait to ride and I hope Cooke City gets snow by Jan 18th or I'll be ticked off! Haha!

i'd say your a man who has his priorities in the right order;)

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Im either missing something or wired differently than most.
Any time it get warmer than mid 80's everyone complains about the heat.
Then they turn around and spend thousands to go where it's warm.....WTF?

I think it's more of a status thing.
I think that people get more enjoyment out of letting everyone know they're going to _____ (where ever) than they get out of the actual trip.

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
Im either missing something or wired differently than most.
Any time it get warmer than mid 80's everyone complains about the heat.
Then they turn around and spend thousands to go where it's warm.....WTF?

I think it's more of a status thing.
I think that people get more enjoyment out of letting everyone know they're going to _____ (where ever) than they get out of the actual trip.

idk i think its more of a never been there kinda thing...

its always nice to see places u never have seen before... we dont live forever....

it have to be a pretty badass vacation durring the winter to get me from snowmobiling... then again i live an hour from the big snow, so i can go ridin right before i leave, then go ridin as soon as i get back. best of both worlds.

:)

Premium Features