• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

D8 Rear Shock --- No Good --- Dragon

Anyone having problems with the Walker Evans rear shock? I have a 2009 dragon 163", bought it this year as a carry-over.

First ride I made it about 5 miles and the shock was done. Zero dampening up or down so every little bump and the tail of the sled was in the air. The dealer rebuilt the shock and the very next ride was the same. After 10 miles of groomed corderroy and 1/2 mile of bumps (not even big ones) it was shot again. I could bounce the tail of my sled off the ground without it running.

I'm looking for a new shock. The 2003 Escapes had great Ride Fx shocks with adjustable dampening. Is anyone switching the D8s to something like that?

gerrman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Canada
Anyone having problems with the Walker Evans rear shock? I have a 2009 dragon 163", bought it this year as a carry-over.

First ride I made it about 5 miles and the shock was done. Zero dampening up or down so every little bump and the tail of the sled was in the air. The dealer rebuilt the shock and the very next ride was the same. After 10 miles of groomed corderroy and 1/2 mile of bumps (not even big ones) it was shot again. I could bounce the tail of my sled off the ground without it running.

I'm looking for a new shock. The 2003 Escapes had great Ride Fx shocks with adjustable dampening. Is anyone switching the D8s to something like that?

Put a set of Z-Bros Exits all the way around on my '09 163 Dragon. Bought from Fastrax. Pricey, but what a difference. Great shocks!!!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

J
Jan 28, 2009
i got a 2010 same problime what i found out is if you buy springs for 2002-2005 rmk the preload is diffrent and should help the fatige on the shock although i went a step further and put a k-mod under mine and it is awsome

Premium Features