• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker race gas turbo to pump gas?

E

EEEK FACTOR

Nov 26, 2007
Im looking at a m1000 with a boondocker race gas kit on it, I was told it can only be turned down to 10 PSI. I want a pull and go sled so I guess my frst qustion is how trouble free would a sled at 10 pounds of boost be? My second question would be how hard is it to get that kit to run say 5-7 pounds? Thank you in advance for any infor.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I would say the first part of your question has everything to do with fuel quality. I know several guys that run all season at 10 psi with no issues. The key is to run good fuel in either a blend or straight. If you stayed around 10 psi there are even some who swear by Aviation fuel which is cheaper and in some cases easier to get. I have never run it (av gas) and I go 75% race gas with 25% pump premium in the 8-10 psi range with no issues.

I wouldn't change a thing and run the min 10 psi with good fuel. Its my belief that dependability even at 5 or 7 still has more to do with fuel than the effects of boost pressure on the engine.

I think you'll love your sled and it's current set up. If you want more debate, just ask which oil to run. lol. Good luck. EW

Premium Features