• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Custom 174" Twisted Turbo M1000 VE Chassis

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
I'm putting my latest build up for sale in hopes to help fund the next build. This one started out last June with a call to Mike at V.E. and telling him I wanted a 174" tunnel without the built in gas rack. He built me a sweeeet tunnel and incoporated tunnel braces to the side and used a thicker material to tie the bumper into the whole chassis. I then bought a bulkhead from one of the forum members parting out their sled and had it powdercoated to match. The heart of the sled is the full race set up Twisted M1000 with head and port work done by Shain, ceramic coated exhaust and ported turbo housing as well as a Tail BOV. New powervalve cables, all new fuel and boost lines. I have a low boost actuator for running pump gas, but the sled is set up and dialed at 10-12 psi. The top end has 5 rides on it as well as the TDR turbo reeds. This year I went with a full Timbersled set up front and rear and had Allen revalve both front and rear shocks for my weight and a turbo application. Both front and rear are the latest and greatest that Timbersled has to offer. The rear skid has IceAge rails, RSI scratchers, Hyperfax, BDX two wheel kit and a Camo Extreme 174 X 15 X 2 1/2. The sled has SLP Powder Pro's with Studboy carbides. BDX Diamond Lite drive 59/61 gearing, BDX Lite track shaft and drivers. BDX "Shorty" Boss seat with shovel/probe pouch, Mountain Addiction gas rack, SPG, 4" riser Mountain bars, RSI grip heaters, ODI gribs, Timbersled handlebar gauge mount, CR Racing billet throttle block. Timbersled two gauge handlebar mount with the larger boost gauge so you can actually read it at the insane speeds this sled runs, Attitude Industries control box, tank pads, Diamond S hood, rip cord teather, Fly racing billet kill switch. I think you get the picture that no stone has been left unturned with this build. If you have questions or would like more pictures, please email me at whittaker727@yahoo.com. I don't have to sell it and will probably kick myself for doing so, but we'll see what happens. You can contact any number of forum members that will vouche for the performace and quality of this sled. People who have seen this run would be, 03rmking, BigBull, Motleyone, SilverGriz, Nitroskidude, JOP, Hardass as well as others that I'm sure I'm forgetting. $18,000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gVXv2caFSY&feature=PlayList&p=5D176B60476FC17B&index=3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsoRngjS4Jo&feature=PlayList&p=5D176B60476FC17B&index=2

Last edited:
W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Thanks Travis. The plan is to bring it down and go for a ride with Shain and Paul sometime next month if you have any snow left.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
one of the best looking sleds I have seen period!! can't believe it's going for that cheap? someone will get a smoking deal.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
after watching the vids, is there anything that is a challenge for this sled???

There are still lots of challanges. The biggest challange with this sled is trying to convince myself that I need to build another one. This one has the best (in my opinion) of what was available for this build. Sure, I could have gone carbon fiber for a few extra pounds, but this is what I thought would work and look good at the same time. And yes, someone will end up with one heck of a deal.

Last edited:

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
oh there is entrest here!!! just lack of money on my end ha ha....i need a klenex lol. that is one beautiful sled! ttt for ya

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Too bad ya did't have it for sale last year....I know( at least I think I do) you just built that last summer right?

Are you done riding for the year?

Last edited:
B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
This sled kicks asz, got some great footage of it in the Airport on Boulder and a couple other spots as well. It will be in a film soon. Cant believe you are selling it Whit. Someone will have a great ride for a great price. Wish it was me.
BB

wheresthesnow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
Kennewick, WA
I have a dumb question. Are most guys that build these *****in sleds really loaded? I see so many guys that build sleds like this, well, no, there not like this one but still real good and they ride them for one measley season then sell it for way way less than it cost, I mean tens of thousands every year. Are you bored with it after a year, got a lot of time to work on them all summer, creative imagination, all the above or what. I have the utmost respect for the mechanical skills and sled knowledge it takes to put things like this sled together, they are amazing. I hear people say "its just a passion", I agree but it seems like a real expensive passion. I've read about your sled on here since last summer so I was suprized to see it for sale. Nice sled by the way.

Premium Features