• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

throttle/tps issue 2005 rmk 900

M
Feb 20, 2018
Im having an issue with my throttle, and or tps and kill switch. When i would wiggle my throttle and kill switch the sled would die, in forward it will only rev to 2500 rpm but occasionally when it wiggles just right it will rev to like 4000, the sled runs fine in reverse but idles rough. what would be the issue here? Clutches are in good shape but I'm thinking its tps? or is there another thing to check?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
A couple of things.

I'm not really clear on your symptoms... but...

Check the tension/free-play on the Throttle lever... you need to have only .030 to .040 for the TSS (throttle saftey switch) to function correctly.

Second.. you could have issues with the TPS... the wires on the connector often go bad with no visible clue from the outside.

Lots of links to info in the tech section sticky.

M
Feb 20, 2018
I have checked the wires well and have had the harness out for inspection and they check out. what part of the symptoms arnt clear? The sled boggs out at 2500 rpm in forward but not in reverse and when you mess with the throttle lever it will rarely run better but sometimes will kill it. The tss has two little pins and i have disconnected them and it just boggs out now.

Premium Features