• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skidoo Freestyle 300 Youth Mountain Sled Build

skinoobie

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2014
TTT

It's been an awesome, albeit short, riding season in New England. This is my boy's second season on his '06 Freestyle 300 and he's becoming quite the little rider. He's really taken to the off trail stuff and this thread has inspired us to do a build this summer.

H1Pilot - your kids have two seasons behind them on your builds. Anything you would do differently? I'm planning to go with a 121 1.5" Intense track. I already have Pilot 6.7 skis on ours, and I'm going to stick with them for now. I really like the look with the trunk and tunnel plastic delete. We do ride at night. Any feedback on the visibility of the Proven Design tail light at night? I gotta rip mine apart and figure out how to best handle the flap too. Don't think I can go as short because we ride alot of trails to get to the goods.

B
Dec 3, 2008
Just purchased a 2008 Freestyle Session 300r today. Any updates from any modders on this sled. I will follow this build pretty much. How long did the kids ride them. What issues did you face long term. PM sent to OP.

B
Dec 3, 2008
Sled is at dealer getting a 121x15x1.75 track installed. Gearing down for better spin and going over engine, drive and fuel system. Carb boot needs to be replaced. Seat is off and at upholstery shop. Cut down both sides a little and got rid of the bulge at the back. Seat trim will be 86'd. Sourced new skis, bars, risers and windshield (from a rev> may or may not work). Will pick up from a guy headed to CO from PA to pick up a chassis. Tunnel rack found on FB and being sent to me. Picking up a rev skid plate tomorrow. Will cut it down and mount it. Needs to have side panels trimmed at footwell's like all revs needed. Will also open up some larger holes in the running boards like newer sleds have. May have to reinforce the running boards, but will see as I move forward. Decals will be removed. Lots of work to do on this sled, but my 11 yr old will be stoked he does not have to ride the 2011 Expedition Sport 600ace anymore. Will leave that for the wife and 7yr old to follow us on. Plenty of winter left here in CO.

Is it possible to do the "post forward" mod on the RF like done on the Rev?

Last edited:

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
I have had 2-300s and 2-550 free styles for my girls who are now 11 and 13

you 11 yr old son imo will out drive the 300 quick, a 550 he would have no problem with. the 300 is good for 7-10yr olds IMO

They do make a rev running board insert that fits that tunnel and is a must for deeper snow...good luck

stich

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
Looks great!! Did you powder coat the entire chassis?

We have added the running board cut outs which sure help when the snow is deeper

No. We didn't get crazy with this. I used single stage paint and just painted what is visible. Everything from the foot stirrups back.

Just think how many Doo would have sold if they offered different color combinations to get kids excited about riding!

Premium Features