• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for Performance/Aesthetic Parts for 1989 Arctic Cat Cougar 500

B
Feb 26, 2018
Michigan
Hey, I am new to this forum and snowmobiles. Story is I was going to trade my fourwheeler for a buddies sled. Ended up not because my cousin has this sled, and he’ll give it to me once we fix it. But I’m looking for some performance parts or different things i can do to it to make it go faster. Not necessarily top speed but maybe acceleration? I am new to this so help in this process would be great.

I am also looking for decals or seats or any aesthetic part, but I’m having trouble finding them since it’s such an old sled. So if you give me a link to either the part or a site that carries this, also would be appreciated.

F

freekweet mods

Feb 3, 2008
Cool looking old sleds,going to be tough to find performance parts.I would just make sure carbs are cleaned and jetted properly,the clutches are clean and in good shape and that it has ski skins.Ride it for what its worth and have a good time tweaking and tuning.

Premium Features