• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Going Green?

XCaSSAULT

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
Just picked this one up today! 2015 1,300 miles in really good condition all stock. Even the original belt lol. No signs of belt carnage at all. Compression is 150 both sides! Thanks for all the help and direction!

Anything that should be done maintenance wise right off the bat? Like if one of you pro cat guys just picked up this sled what are thing you’d do right away non-performance wise?

Dielectric all the connections?
Add extra ground straps?
What to tape up or out of the way?
Plugs are original what should I replace with?
I always ran mystiques in my poos. What do cats like. Klotz?
I don’t plan on ridding here much but enough to get weights for low elevation. I imaging this beast could handle 70-72’s?

Also I can’t believe these don’t have coolant temp display on them. Who’s added that and what’s the easiest way?

Thanks again!?

Attachments

• 5D11D4A2-9C89-49C8-A8FF-738BBEB54B98.jpg
    5D11D4A2-9C89-49C8-A8FF-738BBEB54B98.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 29

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Next stage gauge reflash for temp display. Put gripper skis on it andrun cat apv oil. Put a can and muff pot and all the other stuffis a waste of money.

XCaSSAULT

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
Next stage gauge reflash for temp display. Put gripper skis on it andrun cat apv oil. Put a can and muff pot and all the other stuffis a waste of money.

Tell me more about this “next stage reflash” thing? What’s needed, who does it, how much? Thanks

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Just picked this one up today! 2015 1,300 miles in really good condition all stock. Even the original belt lol. No signs of belt carnage at all. Compression is 150 both sides! Thanks for all the help and direction!

Anything that should be done maintenance wise right off the bat? Like if one of you pro cat guys just picked up this sled what are thing you’d do right away non-performance wise?

Add extra ground straps?
I don’t plan on ridding here much but enough to get weights for low elevation. I imaging this beast could handle 70-72’s?

Also I can’t believe these don’t have coolant temp display on them. Who’s added that and what’s the easiest way?

Thanks again!��

Id definitely change the chaincase oil

Grease everything

Pull the hood off and make sure all the 10mm bolts are tight on the overstructure. If you find a loose one pull it and put blue loctite on it.

Pull and clean the power valves, adjust the cables while you're at it.

Definitely recommend gripper skis, best upgrade you can do for the money

Diamond s can would be my second pick behind skis.

It's probally fine for the rest of the season but over the summer id check the chain and potentially upgrade to a manual tensioner if you're a jumper.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta

Add extra ground straps?

Thanks again!?
Nice sled my personal color favorite. Check out some clutching threads on here, there is good gains to be had with springs changes.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta

Add extra ground straps?

Thanks again!?
Yes, dielectric the connectors
No extra ground straps required
Use OEM plugs or NGK Iridium BR9EIX
Check harness on spars, add zip ties
I've always run Amsoil, but any good quality oil should suffice
The sled should pull 73 gram weights
Next Stage guages offers a guage reflash that displays coolant temp - great product
Change chaincase oil and inspect bottom aluminum gear - I'd replace with steel if it hasn't been done.
Enjoy the sled.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Nice looking sled, just a reminder when you change weights that the 15 uses fixed pins with set screws, need to heat up the set screws to remove them, Also most tighten the pins too tight, there are O-rings that keep tension on the pins. The weights should move in clutch with little restriction when installing them. You will think its too loose but that is correct. I never had a nut come loose. You can put a little lock tight on for peace of mind. I have been using this style clutch since 06 and have never flat spotted a roller.

If your looking for an upgrade, putting on a 16 front suspension is something to consider. Will tip over easier and side hill better.

Premium Features