• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clarification on parts needed for rear skid upgrade

S
May 23, 2009
Want to upgrade my 2014 rear suspension to the 2016+ style, have read everything I can find on doing this and can NOT find a definite answer on what parts need to be replaced. I know the front shock, rails, and rear shock link rod need to be changed, but have heard mixed reports on the front arm and the rear/idler arm. heard the rear arm is needed, and have also heard its not, and its the exact same except for a brace on the new ones.

I'm leaning towards the rear arm being different, as the link rod is longer, so it seems that something else had to change for the rod to fit and function correctly...

any insight?

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Want to upgrade my 2014 rear suspension to the 2016+ style, have read everything I can find on doing this and can NOT find a definite answer on what parts need to be replaced. I know the front shock, rails, and rear shock link rod need to be changed, but have heard mixed reports on the front arm and the rear/idler arm. heard the rear arm is needed, and have also heard its not, and its the exact same except for a brace on the new ones.

I'm leaning towards the rear arm being different, as the link rod is longer, so it seems that something else had to change for the rod to fit and function correctly...

any insight?

I put a rear shock rod from a 18mc with a qsl from a 18mc in my 14. I don't know why you would want or need to change anything else. It works great

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta

any insight?
If you are unsure just compare part numbers, i believe you have all you need without the front and rear arms

Premium Features