• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

UNDER TUNNEL EXHAUST?

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
wanting opinions on which direction the exhaust outlet should point on a N/A Nytro. ran this set-up (header & glasspack) for a couple a years. The last day of our trip was the deepest I think and it dogged and ran poorly, fine if I was in a track but could not break trail. was going to a quieter muffler and thought about installing a 180' to push exhaust foward?

stock 09
162x16x2.5
installing pro rear skid

PS. glasspack now hangs in front of clamp that held micron cycle muffler, with a down turn to keep it from getting snow flap HOT.

nytroexhhdr.jpg nytrotunlr.jpg

Last edited:

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
I just ran mine straight back . Didn't have a turn at all. Ran fine. I think you have a different problem if it bogs. I'd check the drive train(clutches/belt) and all bearings.
Shouldn't bog just because you pull into deep snow.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
The only way I fixed this for good on my Apex was to add a turn out after the muffler and run it out the side of the tunnel.

I fought it for 4 yrs on 2 different sleds, no matter what I did, if you got in GOOD deep powder it would choke it out. Finally said F-It and ran it out the side at a 45* angle. Ran perfect 100% of the time after that. Eric

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
This seems to be exactly what I am dealing with, was fine for 7 trips no problems, until last day of last years trip.
Eric did you try a 180' and exhaust outlet forward?

The only way I fixed this for good on my Apex was to add a turn out after the muffler and run it out the side of the tunnel.

I fought it for 4 yrs on 2 different sleds, no matter what I did, if you got in GOOD deep powder it would choke it out. Finally said F-It and ran it out the side at a 45* angle. Ran perfect 100% of the time after that. Eric

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
This seems to be exactly what I am dealing with, was fine for 7 trips no problems, until last day of last years trip.
Eric did you try a 180' and exhaust outlet forward?

Yes, I tried a U bend, that was as close as I got to making it work, but on my boosted sled with extra track speed / snow, it failed too.

I also tried a snow deflector plate, No go!

Eric

Premium Features