• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Yamaha YXZ-R Side by Side

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
It's basically the Nytro Motor... C/w the 41mm slides, 12 valves and the revised compression to match the 998cc... It's really the same however 50cc less. Many will be turning to EVO before you will need to jump to a turbo. There already is tricks to increase rpm & speed. There is no one like EVO that can program ECU as they understand engine management... Not just add boost and fuelling. A EVO tune with exhaust will surprise and please many... But ya it will be a beast with a Turbo System.

This thing is gonna be fun...

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
Wish I could get one with out s motor to use the one in the nitro.. Five grand plus probably for a turbo kit with extra$$ needed for motor work, then hope tranny will hold it

So far turbo maverick with re flash has been running hard, not sure how much more a guy needs..lol

The tranny will handle it.... I run the Gen11 Vmax like hard.... And with those same clutch plates ... No problem.. Yamaha knows how to build a tranny.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Wonder how the tranny will be liked by all, I can see it being fun for the dunes, but how it will be in mountains and just general driving... Cvt is pretty easy and has curb appeal for drivers in general

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
IMO five speed is the ticket.... And Rekluse is gonna rock in this unit like none other.

B
Nov 30, 2007
Meridian Idaho
I got to ride in one the other day that had the rekluse in it already. It works super awesome and was quite impressive. its super fun to shift and it felt quite sturdy. being able to stop and go with the auto clutch makes a big difference for technical riding, this thing is a game changer in my opinion!

Premium Features