• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Spindles and Ski chat...

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Saw the expert in person yesterday...damn it looks good. The tunnel makes sense, so no need to discuss. Riser height is easy to swap out, and a guy will get used to handlebar diameter...

... the spindles have me intrigued. Listening to the rep, the thought process makes sense. A few questions... is it a night and day difference? Is it the same as the ZRP spindles?

...skis offer a new dampner. Same as the Duropro? And will the Grippers with a Duropro still be a better choice?

Ace

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
All good questions. I don't have a problem dropping coin on stuff that works but how much better does it work. Will the new rubbers work with the old ski and old spindle? If so, is still better than 19' and older? Guess I'll have to wait to see one and the rubbers. Ordering smaller mtn. bar as soon as it's available though.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I have the Zollinger spindles and lower a arms with cheetah bars and the low riser. I have used both the stock skis with Durapro dampers and slp mohawk skis there is very littl improvement with these setups so if the expert package is similar I don’t think it will improve side hilling much maybe a minor improvement.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
The FIRST thing I did to my 2018 was put on Grippers. My stock skis have never seen snow. I had to fab the skis to fit rubbers. I'm going to try the duropros (if they are ever in stock again!)

The spindles are 360 from Zbroz, and I've "read" on the net about the same from Doo...

... would love to ride an expert on the hill, come down and attempt the same with my 18 to see how big the difference is!

Ace

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
After looking at the Xpert spindles the ski mounting is still forward of the upper and lower ball joint center line where ZRP move the ski mount back 3/8 of an inch that now puts it in line with upper and lower BJ center line.

Premium Features