• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help with Tuning

Dec 31, 2011
09 M1000
Speedwerx Y, pipe, SLP can, and Koso EGT's
Stock intake

Clutching:
89.5 grams MDS weights with a cat red spring (75-220) RPM’s are 7600 on a hard pull. Also tried Polaris gold spring (100-275) with 92.7 grams MDS and it was 7780RPM
It runs very well on the top but around 4200-5800 it sucks.
I ride at 2-4000ft

A full throttle pull of 45 seconds at 7600 rpm is 1153 degrees. A full throttle pull when it is bogging is about 1015 degrees.
How do I tell if it is too much fuel or not enough.? When it bogs it sounds terrible and at full throttle it will only go to about 6800 RPM. But if I let of for a second and pin it it will rev right up. The pipe has a completely different sound to the pipe when it is running right.
The primary is brand new with only 75 miles on it. Secondary looks very good and the rollers are in good. Belt deflection is also set properly. Just cleaned the power valves to see if that would help but did not. I am about ready to just take everything back of a ride it as we have had a record snow fall already this year with over 2 hundred inches. The other thing I was wondering was about intake. I am running the stock sno pro intake. Do these require an aftermarket intake to run with the pipe?
Sorry about the long read I just really want this thing to run good. As it is now I would rather ride my wife high country 8.
Is it a myth that there is piped M1000’s that run flawless.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2011
Sorry about that. I am running a PCV with a map that I purchased from a tuner.
I realy want this thing to run right, and I just dont have the experiance or the knbowledge to make it happen. I am good with everything except fueling requirments. I thought that there was enough of these around that it was pretty close to bolt on, plug in and run.
One thought I had and not sure if it is possible is that had to much weight in the cams to where it would not pull it to max rpm if I was running in the mid range. But if I started out low and got it into the powerband it would pull it on the top end. I was useing weight in the arms to bring down the RPM about 450 rpm to start with instead of just changeing the spring. and adjusting the weights. I hope that makes sense.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Sounds like you are running rich in the midrange and may be just the mag cylinder that is rich (typical on this sled). If I built your map PM me and Ill look it over this weekend. If I did not build it then email it to me at racinstation@hotmail.com and Ill look at it.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
add an after market air intake- I recommend SLP

only around $50, I had issues with my 09 m1000 until I added an air intake, it allowed my sled to get the needed xtra airflow, it made a noticeable difference

Premium Features