• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TMS 927 review

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Ride 2, season 2.

Snow good, fluffy. Around 3+ of snow, lots of obstacles still, land mines. Got some pulls in, alot of boondocking in the trees.
I am still very much impressed, turned my son looseon it and came back drooling, says mid range thtu top is crazy. Let another friend loose with it, he has 2 850's and had a 872 trygstad, made a couple pulls, 2nd pull things got crazy, ended up in a bit different place than planned and ended up going straight up a vertical face and had it come over on him. Says you have to be looking a bit further ahead on that 927.
Another 100 miles on 2 rides this year and spot on!

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Okay been off of the site for awhile. Several rides in since last review.
Last saturday finally got a good technical ride with some deep snow. This pull up threw the trees, up a couple draws and up a cliff face always gives me a issue or 2...lol
With all updates done, it made the day a great day. The torque and a response thru the rpm range being so fast and snappy, made even the deep n steep pulls a hoot, i throughly enjoyed every minute of the ride.
As for belt life...none, belt wear is great, have a full season on this belt and it looks great.

If you ride in the trees and boondocking is your desire, stop thinking about it��, just DO IT.... you can thank me later��.

H20SKE out till next review ����

Last edited:
H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Have had several more rides since last review...some really deep snow is here now, i am still happier with this than any setup i have rode, dependable and snappy, just what you want in the steep and deep. Very pleased with Dave Trygstad's product and cannot say enough about support from Dave. Agian, best money i have spent on a snowmobile modification...

Just do it!

dave@trygstadmotorsports

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2012
www.trygstad-motorsports.com
Have had several more rides since last review...some really deep snow is here now, i am still happier with this than any setup i have rode, dependable and snappy, just what you want in the steep and deep. Very pleased with Dave Trygstad's product and cannot say enough about support from Dave. Agian, best money i have spent on a snowmobile modification...

Just do it!

Thanks for the feedback on the TMS G-4 927, We have been very busy working on updates and add ons for this great performing product with more to come soon.

Dave Trygstad

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Season 3: Finally got deep enough snow to put the sled to the test. Did not disappoint, i am more in love with it on days like this when its deep and blown in sugar bowls and poor visibility, the backshift is fast and the engine does not fail to impress! By far the best money i have spent on a sled..bar none!

Attachments

• 20200111_133734.jpg
    20200111_133734.jpg
    540.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200111_134853.jpg
    20200111_134853.jpg
    749.6 KB · Views: 30
H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Well, 6 months late, last ride of the year..
Absolutely best ride i think i have ever had!! Deep deep snow, light eastern Washington powder, 3 to 4'deep, the 927 excelled, unbelievable. I put myself in alot of should of been stuck situations and rode right thru them. This was year 3 and still going strong!!
My son is doing a 927 in his 17 right now...ready to run a Trygstad family of 927's.

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
By my count, you've had this sled for 4 seasons, going on 5. Any problems? how many miles? How does it compare to the factory turbos?
Thanks for the reviews.

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
This is year 4, no issues, still running as strong as day 1. My son just got a 927 trygstad put in his sled, tired of me beating him up...day 1 ride for him today, 50 miles today riding roads to get breakin mileage done so he can let er rip. I have friends with the turbo doo and they run good, but don't have the torque of these. Even at 7000' we run even but i don't have the extra weight of that turbo...lol. I did just add the Zolinger spindles, 1.5" lift, recommend these to everyone with a G4. BBP, our kit installer is down in the tri cities, so not to far from you..20211224_124820.jpg

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
This is year 4, no issues, still running as strong as day 1. My son just got a 927 trygstad put in his sled, tired of me beating him up...day 1 ride for him today, 50 miles today riding roads to get breakin mileage done so he can let er rip. I have friends with the turbo doo and they run good, but don't have the torque of these. Even at 7000' we run even but i don't have the extra weight of that turbo...lol. I did just add the Zolinger spindles, 1.5" lift, recommend these to everyone with a G4. BBP, our kit installer is down in the tri cities, so not to far from you..View attachment 381608
Is this Dave's clutching set up as well?

Premium Features