• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic m8000 2014 - noise, normal/not?

A
Sep 21, 2018
Hey everyone,

I am a brand new rider and bought an arctic cat m8000 in may as my first sled. Today we got about 7 inches of snow so I thought i would take it for a very short rip.

I noticed the engine did not sound quite right, like a metal sound. I uploaded my gopro to YouTube, if anyone could tell.me if this is just normal engine noise or something wrong it would be very helpful.

I bought it from the dealership as a used sled, considering I've never rode it.

https://youtu.be/ayPhPgbHUZU

Thanks

A
Sep 21, 2018
How does it run? It sounds responsive. Otherwise...

Well considering it is my first ride, hard to say as I have nothing to compare. My only experience is with an indy 550. That said, it feels like it has a ton of power and does not hesitate when the beans are given, front end even lifts a bit without trying to hard. Kind of why I'm starting here, I think this just may be normal sound.

A
Sep 21, 2018
Is there a can on it? Kinda sounds like a Jaws..if it is, they sounds tin-y.

I'm fairly certain it does, and tin-y is very good way to describe the sound. Like a small ball banging around in a tin can. I will check that out and might pop it over to the dealership where I bought just to make sure it's nothing serious. I'd hate to blow the motor when I'm up in the mountains.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Sounds fine to me.
For fun, cruise at 15mph and hammer the throttle. Hold on tight to the bars or u will fly of the back lol

Premium Features