• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1989 ski-doo model number question

Jul 23, 2014
I am a new member. Before asking technical questions regarding a voltage regulator/rectifier, I want to make sure I am starting our with the correct information about my ski-doo model number. I purchased this sled used. It is clearly stamped 3634 on the tag and frame. However, the shop manual I purchased (PDF image attached) does not list 3634, but does list 3234 for two models - Safari Citation E and Safari Cheyenne. My sled has an electrical start. Could Bombardier have made a mistake in this manual and should have listed the Safari Cheyenne as 3634? Pictures I have found on the web lead me to believe 3634 is a Safari Cheyenne.

Attachments

• Skidoo 1989 Model Numbers.pdf
    183.1 KB · Views: 130
Jul 23, 2014
Thanks. Now I can post thread on my main issue related to voltage regulator/rectifier. Engine is 503 and it is a long track. When you say twin, does that refer to engine or track?

Jul 23, 2014
Thanks once again. Everything you have mentioned represents my sled. My confidence on model type has risen from 98 to 100% with both of your posts. Now, if I get replies like your to my other thread re: my voltage reg/rect, I'll be ready to repair and for winter.

Premium Features