• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New motor WOT stumble

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
While breaking in my new 07 600 motor last night, it seemed great @ all levels of throttle, but a WOT burst was not clean. It sounded/felt like I hit a 'rev limiter' Now the pulls were short and I backed out quickly, is there some timing "black box" that may be in play or should I go after fuel delivery/jetting.

New cyl/pistons/rings/head. Was previously ran at same elevation before the 'intake boot inspired rebuild".

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
While breaking in my new 07 600 motor last night, it seemed great @ all levels of throttle, but a WOT burst was not clean. It sounded/felt like I hit a 'rev limiter' Now the pulls were short and I backed out quickly, is there some timing "black box" that may be in play or should I go after fuel delivery/jetting.

New cyl/pistons/rings/head. Was previously ran at same elevation before the 'intake boot inspired rebuild".

Kind of sounds similar to when the power valves are not opening? Not familiar with this year and a 600 do they have power valves? Have you check over them?

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
You mention jetting, so I assume you have carbs. Could be as simple as you're jetted fat for the warm weather and/or likewise your needle position. Good luck

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
You mention jetting, so I assume you have carbs. Could be as simple as you're jetted fat for the warm weather and/or likewise your needle position. Good luck

that is what I would lean towards also, I know it kinda sucks to wait but I would wait til next season to see if it just due to the warm weather

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
power valves cleaned, boots checked and new springs.

I may go another time or two just to get some miles on it and then get after it this summer.

My 02 800 edge was running fine @ the same temp. maybe the 600 is fat to begin with.

Not a big issue since it is June and there still is some snow to play in.

Premium Features