• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Steering Post & handlebars

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Has anyone bent the post or the bars? Does the rubber bushing at the top mount start to get soft.

I have noticed that the mount at the top of the post is a little off. I tore into it and found that it was moving around, I think this is due to the square hols in the flange and of course the round bolts. Does not make a good fit.

Has anyone fixed this or am I just that hard on the bars, LOL . I would like to fix this right for this sled will be for sale. That and we have some more riding todo this yr. and it is driving me nuts.

Oh almost forgot it is a 09 D8

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Uhhh.....Yeah. I bent mine with about 300 miles on it just going off a little kicker. my second one bent at 600 miles. Contact Wildchild for a chromoly steering post that will hold up much better.

The flat post stlye seem to bend much quicker, easier, sooner than the pivot post style of the 08 dragon and 08 and up RMK's. The 09-10 Dragon flat post stlye will bend much sooner which I have proved with enginnering calcs. the math is too intense to post.

Premium Features