• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

D 7 Chain case & Gearing Questions?

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
Re geared my 08 D7 to a 19 tooth top gear.Filled it back up with a 50/50 mixture ATF and synthetic gear oil.Was told this will work good?
Didn't appear to be a gasket between chain case and cover,thought this was weird.Looked on Polaris website and it showed a full gasket.Was there a gasket on your sled when you opened chain case cover?
Guess I could just wait and see if it leaks but figured I could get some answers here.

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
there is a rubber gasket that runs around the cover......is yours an 07 or 08? the 08 has a metal device at the bottom. when you replace the cover on either, you are supposed to run a bead of 100% silicone around the bottom of the cover, on the rubber gasket......pretty much a bit further around than the level of the lube. regarding your mix....not sure why you would. i just run the chaincase lube. sure atf fluid would work fine, just curious why you'd mix the two.

S

snoboy

Dec 4, 2007
Maple Valley Wa
My thoughts too. Why are you using ATF? Why is it better than synthetic chaincase lube?

Bull how does your 700 compare to your 727 powerwise?

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
ahhhhh........not close. frankly, it works over a stock d8. have not ridden a piped d8 yet, hoping to demo one in the next week or so. i rode the d7 the last few rides. really enjoyed it, but the 727 is something special. i can only imagine what the 840 must run like.

Premium Features