• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Friends Axys randomly dying

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
My friend has this problem on his brand new limited 2017, he has no time to go the dealer yet (longer trip) and I told him I will try to ask in the forum. The sled was ridden for 3 days, day 1 was without issues, day 2 it randomly died 2 times, day 3 it randomly died 5 times during the whole day, so the issue is clearly getting worse. It dies (cuts off) when at idle and also with some throttle, didn't happen so far when trying to switch to reverse. Could this be TPS? Could this be something with tether (There is oft racing polaris tether installed)? I never experienced anything like this with my old rmk or axys, any hints welcome, thank you :)

I edited this to add some new information I received from him. He is quite a sled newbie but he reported that after sled dies he needs to give full gas to be able to restart it. It will not restart the engine without giving throttle

Last edited:

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
yeah I thought about that also and I even recently read a thread on this forum about such an issue but still to me this seems very unlikely. Do you recommend to dismantle the whole throttle?

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Check the mode selector connection switch by the headlight/handwarmer area. All these switches corrode and cause problems like this.

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
would also check throttle cable and/or check cable for iceing by throttle block. get some lock de-icing and dribble down cable. definitely sounds like TSS issue.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
TSS will not cause it to die at an idle. I would unplug the tether to start with and see if it goes away. I would not think it should be hard to start after it dies though. Sounds like a fueling issue. Or maybe to much oil on breakin, try new plugs now that all the extra oil in the gas tank is gone.

B
Dec 17, 2016
Had this issue with my 16 one two occasions. My thought is moisture in fuel. Sled warms and idles fine then bogs and dies when giving it more throttle. As I let it warm up more I was slowly able to give it more throttle until it ran perfect. Maybe water in fuel freezing in lines or injector? I have put antifreeze in since and no issues.

Premium Features