• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Possible XM

R

rmk01r1der

Apr 30, 2008
ND
Well it looks like i might be going in and picking up a new XM this fall. Either 146 or 154 summit. For you guys that got to ride these already, hows the clutching on it? Just wondering if i should order a kit for it right away or not. As soon as I pick one up this fall I'll get some pictures posting! Let it snow :rockon:

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
Out of the box sled, clutching was pretty good. I'm going to eventually clutch mine but sled will perform plenty good without. I would by a can long before I spend money on clutching. I'm going to go with roosterbuilt after first of the year and he has some tuning on it.

R

rmk01r1der

Apr 30, 2008
ND
Thanks for the info! Yeah first thing will be a can. I'm thinking of going the SLP route, not overally loud and loose some weight.

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
I would recommend Hps or bikeman can. They will be louder especially the bikeman but much better performance and almost 5lbs lighter than the Slp. Slp for Polaris is great but when it comes to other brands they are not the best choice always. Also there have been lots of complaints about build quality the last several years with Slp. Primarily welds cracking out. Had a friend with Slp can last year cracked out entirely to the point it was not runable by January only about 400 miles of riding. Hr took money back from Slp and got an Hps and said it was much better. Just my 2 cents though everyone has their preforance.

maurfello

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2009
Washington
SUMMITREV said:
I would recommend Hps or bikeman can. They will be louder especially the bikeman but much better performance and almost 5lbs lighter than the Slp. Slp for Polaris is great but when it comes to other brands they are not the best choice always. Also there have been lots of complaints about build quality the last several years with Slp. Primarily welds cracking out. Had a friend with Slp can last year cracked out entirely to the point it was not runable by January only about 400 miles of riding. Hr took money back from Slp and got an Hps and said it was much better. Just my 2 cents though everyone has their preforance.

I had an SLP can on my old 09 Dragon (POS), the welds cracked in less than 200 miles. just for your info. hope this helps.

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

R

rmk01r1der

Apr 30, 2008
ND
Oh man thanks guys I guess I never heard about their build quality. Maybe I'll just give hps a call, always heard good things about them.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
HPS is great. Grunts but not an ear drum killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Ran full SLP setups on my Freeride and sons XP. Y-pipe, pipe and can. Quality is awesome, never had a cracked weld or any ceramic finish coming off(except where my muff pot was clamped on). I really liked the sound, quiet on the bottom half and nice dirt bikey sound up top. I had a buddy who had an HPS can on his Poo and it was obnoxiously loud. He didn't mind it at all riding but when he would rip by at full power it actually hurt my ears even with a helmet on. Funny how people can have such different opinions of the same product, each his own I guess.

M
Nov 13, 2008
Dyno Port=

Don't forget about Dyno-Port, Rich makes some nice stuff and I think the sound is perfect, not too loud nor too quiet.

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
I've had good luck with slp no complaints but I think I am going to go the bikeman can /y pipe route or the hps this year anybody have any more info on how they did on the etec last year

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
I ran the HPS on my '11 E-Tec, and it sounded good. Sounded almost like stock at idle, and barked a little more when you got on it. Not too loud, lost over 10 Lbs, and no noticeable power loss. I will be putting it on my XM.

Premium Features