• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why a helmet mounted light?

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I developed a helmet mounted light to satisfy my personal need for quality light that would allow me to see where I looked.
I did not intend on making it a business, but after several friends saw it they also wanted a light. One thing led to another and 10 years later we offer 7 different helmet mounted lights as well as all types of cutting edge performance lights.

I can remember getting flat out laughed at during trade shows,distributor presentations, etc. Now if you look at any off road night race all the top riders wear a helmet mounted light.

Why??
When you can "SEE Where You LOOK" it not only takes away the tunnel vision, But it allows you to ride much like you would during the daytime.
Boondock, hill climb, jump, wheelie all with plenty of light to feel comfortable. You simply can not do that with only sled mounted lights.

On a sled the advantages are even more so.
Most sleds have very good power output so a battery system is not absolutely required, You dont have to stop and wipe off your headlight when your in the deep, You have a great time riding with less user pressure and the snow is most always better at night.
I guarantee that once you try a helmet mounted light, you will not knowingly go on another night ride without one.
Our base Halogen light is 50 watts and has a lifetime warranty. It is by far the brightest most reliable halogen light on the market. Maybe you have seen out hammer test at a local snowshow?
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=13

Our LED light is great for snowmobiling and running from the included battery,slightly brighter than the 50 watt halogen, but can not run from the sled. a perfect backup or a just in case i get stuck at night light
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=96

The King of helmet mounted lights is the Solstice HID.
This is a no compromise 30 watt HID race light. It is by far the most powerful helmet mounted light available. Its far brighter than the lights on your sled. It will shine nearly 200 yards and has won many races and is used by the top off road racers in the world.
We have won races with no other lights on the machine.
It is available to run from a sleds DC power or our Lipo battery packs, we also have a package that will do both.
Battery powered
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=1
sled powered
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=121

Last edited:

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
I can definately vouch for the helmet light !!

Take it from one who has 3 hid helmet lights and has used them for years, We dont ride with out them, During the summer, dirt bikes all the way, winter snowmobiles, You get so used to riding with them that if you forget them you notice something is wrong right away once it get dark !! We've been selling Cyclops lights for several years, great lights !

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Take it from one who has 3 hid helmet lights and has used them for years, We dont ride with out them, During the summer, dirt bikes all the way, winter snowmobiles, You get so used to riding with them that if you forget them you notice something is wrong right away once it get dark !! We've been selling Cyclops lights for several years, great lights !

So once it gets dark you notice that it gets dark and that you cannot see due to lack of light?

P
Mar 2, 2015
Nigni Novgorod
Why a helmet mounted light

I suppose my take on the MC perspective is IF one should find themselves sliding on the ground and their helmet is sliding as well, and they have a Go Pro mounted on the side of the helmet Ive seen it done and then that hits an immovable object and the neck snaps.....Why take the risk?

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
I suppose my take on the MC perspective is IF one should find themselves sliding on the ground and their helmet is sliding as well, and they have a Go Pro mounted on the side of the helmet Ive seen it done and then that hits an immovable object and the neck snaps.....Why take the risk?

Well to see better for starters. your not just seeing wherever the front of your bike or sled is pointing, you see anywhere you look.
Our lights come off in the event of a crash. They attach with 3m dual lock.
Unlike a Gopro.
I have never heard of anyone having any issue in nearly 15 years of offering helmet mounted lights.
If you ever try a decent Helmet mounted light I guarantee you won't ride at night again without one.

Premium Features