• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gaping hole above the suitcase

S

sledjunky3

Dec 4, 2007
Beautiful B.C.
:face-icon-small-conHas Anyone else who has an xm seen the venting above the exhaust? You could fit a small child through the slats!! not such a good place to put a vent IMO. Gonna need to either block it off or skin it so it is not raining on the hairdryer! would not be so bad if it was a not directly on top of the panel!:face-icon-small-con

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Lucky for me I don't ride with any small children! :face-icon-small-hap
Maybe some frogskinz material over it to keep snow out??

M
Dec 3, 2008
Grande Prairie AB
I'm blocking off all the venting. Should be able to keep my heated glovebox 12.36 degrees C hotter and dry a pair of mittens 23 Mins faster. That's without factoring in the lower humidity.:bounce:

so Bored, wish it would snow

S

sledjunky3

Dec 4, 2007
Beautiful B.C.
might bolt a muff pot on top of it for my backcountry cooking needs... never know when i will need a hit of spaggettio's while riding

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
:face-icon-small-conHas Anyone else who has an xm seen the venting above the exhaust? You could fit a small child through the slats!! not such a good place to put a vent IMO. Gonna need to either block it off or skin it so it is not raining on the hairdryer! would not be so bad if it was a not directly on top of the panel!:face-icon-small-con

Which side of the snail will it hit? If it is the charge side, maybe you want to let the snow drop and cool your charge air!

H
Feb 7, 2008
Anchorage
Fortunately they are willing to charge us another 100.00 for the stock BRP vent kit that addresses this hole and a few others, nose cone, hood... I broke down and bought one.

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
I think there are two kits, a front only kit or a full kit.

There are 2 kits

one for just the front (1 piece)

and one for the front and the hood (this is the "everything" kit) . .and it only has 2 pieces. In the catalog it shows 4-5 pieces, but in reality it's only 2... for the XMs anyway.. I think the catalog picture is for the XP which has more pieces

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
Vents

The kit I put on mine has the front area grill, 2 rubber peices above front peice but below the hood, 1 vent peice about 8" above the front area, and a vent for the bottom of the air box. Just told the shop I bought it from to get me one didn't know there were more to choose from. I too wonder about the hole above the can!

Premium Features