• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

can't get my xp started

D
Nov 26, 2007
Worland, WY
I went riding last sunday loaded it up in the trailer and killed it. Went into the trailer today to fix the rewind on it, got it fixed and pulled and pulled, pulled the plugs and they were wet. Tried to ground the spark plugs and see if there was any spark and didn't really see anything. Does anyone have any ideas? thanks

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
My buddies has done it twice this year shut it off no restart..no spark..turned out it was the voltage regulator both times...good luck

D
Nov 26, 2007
Worland, WY
Well here's what happened i rode two weeks ago and my knot came out of my pull rope while i was riding. So everytime i turned it off i had to wrap the rope around the clutch to get it started. Rode hard the rest of the day and just loaded it back into are enclosed trailer and turned her off. Last saturday afternoon i was going to fix it, I got my knot back in my pull rope and tried to start it. I pulled and pulled and pulled. Pulled the plugs out they were wet, tried some new plugs same thing. My dad grounded a plug while i pull and he was not seeing any spark. I am thinking it is something electronical, i am going to take to my dealer this saturday to find out what the deal is.

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
my buddy's xp was doing the same, turned out to be the wire shorting on the rivet deal on the right rear side of the motor. run great, shut it off and it wouldn't start again, no spark. wiggled the wires and it would fire, run and start good for a while then exhibit the same symtoms.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Worland, WY
my buddy's xp was doing the same, turned out to be the wire shorting on the rivet deal on the right rear side of the motor. run great, shut it off and it wouldn't start again, no spark. wiggled the wires and it would fire, run and start good for a while then exhibit the same symtoms.

Did he ever take it into the dealer and did they do anything?

Premium Features