• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear suspension question

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
I have a question regarding my rear suspension. I have a 07' Summit 151" when I get off my sled the suspension will mot go all the way up. I can pull the rear end up a good three inches everytime I get off the sled. The sled has 50 miles on it and stored in a heated garage (no ice or snow build up). I have the front spring in the rear skid one step up from the sofest setting and the rear springs on the stiffest setting. Does anyone know what could be wrong? The old site is having "issues" :rolleyes:

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
There is no "old site" you dork :)

I have a question regarding my rear suspension. I have a 07' Summit 151" when I get off my sled the suspension will mot go all the way up. I can pull the rear end up a good three inches everytime I get off the sled. The sled has 50 miles on it and stored in a heated garage (no ice or snow build up). I have the front spring in the rear skid one step up from the sofest setting and the rear springs on the stiffest setting. Does anyone know what could be wrong? The old site is having "issues" :rolleyes:
You must have gained weight and kilt the spring :D

Jeffe, put the front shock on another click heavier (You are a beeg boy ;) ) Are you sure the rear cogs are on the stiffest?? If so, you need a new (or heavier) spring...............Lardass:D:D

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
Okay Slim.... That almost sent coffee through the nose this morning!!!!

I'm at 245 lbs (All muscle, ya know) I think I may have found the problem.... On another side note, if the rear shock is a POS what would you suggest I replace it with? I like to jump ;)

K
Nov 30, 2007
Blanchard, ID
If you just want shocks, I put Fox Zero-pros on the rear. They really seemed to work well even with my tubb gut on it. I'm on an 05 rev 800 151. for both shocks and a front spring, the bill was close to $700.
I have alo heard good news about the K-mod rear suspension. It is a little more but you shed a few ponds in the process. Maybe that will help the saggin' issue.

Premium Features