• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Ski-Doo Ride On Cover

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have to admit, I like this a WHOLE LOT.
This ought to be a VERY useful change to the design of the current cover, when using an open trailer rather than an enclosed one.:face-icon-small-hap

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Concept is great … velcro doesn't do well with ice /packed snow

Its okay BUT Velcro tends to fill with ice during the above below freezing environments.

Plus I could see freezing rain cause the Velcro to com undone.

Common in California with freezing thaw freezing in daylight.

Id be bummed having the Velcro come undone and the cover slapping the sled down the road.

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Concept is great … velcro doesn't do well with ice /packed snow

Its okay BUT Velcro tends to fill with ice during the above below freezing environments.

Plus I could see freezing rain cause the Velcro to com undone.

Common in California with freezing thaw freezing in daylight.

Id be bummed having the Velcro come undone and the cover slapping the sled down the road.

Once the cover is closed it would be hard for snow or water ice to penetrate in there, and I am pretty doubtful it would ever have enough strength to open up the 2 plus inch wide strong velcro as the wind hits it straight on and there are buckles. And when you get to the riding area you throw it in your tuck box or inside so it will melt or just be normal. If you left it open on the ground or on your deck and a foot of snow feel on it and then it iced over, well maybe then. But not sure who would do the last option. cheers dave

Old mtn. man

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2012
S.W. Alberta
Hey Dave, I have the 2019 Summit X, and Iam putting the Skidoo flexable hand guards on and I bought the new cover. How will it fit with the hand guards , have you tried it?

I
Jul 5, 2001
Cover

Wonder how this one compares to the "non ride on cover" the old ones would let water and road grime along with the lovely DE-icer seep thru the cover and cover the dash and intake screens with a nasty black water and then freeze as we drove into the snow-parks that were at freezing or below....

Ski Doo needs to put a water proof membrane over the handle bar and dash area to help keep the "muck" off it...... I use a towel now to cover the dash area first before putting the cover on...

And with the ride on cover having a seam right down the center does it let the nasty road grime run down that seam ?

Thanks

H

hoov165x

Apr 12, 2009
Bend, OR
Hey somebody forgot the back half of the cover, lol.....

Seriously though, is cordura in that scarce of supply that BRP can’t make the cover cover the rest of the sled?

I’m with the other guy in regards to the Velcro. It would be a bad idea in the PNW where we have warmer temperatures and a lot of freeze/ thaw cycles daily. I’m sure it would work well in a dryer climate.

Not trying to bust BRP’s chops here as I appreciate their design and innovation, but this wouldn’t work well for us out here.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles

Seriously though, is cordura in that scarce of supply that BRP can’t make the cover cover the rest of the sled?

I’m with the other guy in regards to the Velcro. It would be a bad idea in the PNW where we have warmer temperatures and a lot of freeze/ thaw cycles daily. I’m sure it would work well in a dryer climate.

Not trying to bust BRP’s chops here as I appreciate their design and innovation, but this wouldn’t work well for us out here.

I understand. I think it is great in nice weather BUT going from sea level to 8000 feet any rain will ice up fill up making the Velcro ineffective. Plus all the junk coming over the roof will muck it up. No more Velcro accessories on sled UNLESS accompanied with a snap, zipper or another fastener. Id buy it if center closed by zipper Velcro and snaps.

To kiss butt I really really like the idea but not Velcro

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I understand. I think it is great in nice weather BUT going from sea level to 8000 feet any rain will ice up fill up making the Velcro ineffective. Plus all the junk coming over the roof will muck it up. No more Velcro accessories on sled UNLESS accompanied with a snap, zipper or another fastener. Id buy it if center closed by zipper Velcro and snaps.

To kiss butt I really really like the idea but not Velcro

I live in the exact same sea level to 8000 feet, plus 5-10 celsius to minus -10-15 celsius every day, rain to snow back to rain or snow except on sunny days, has worked no problem.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I live in the exact same sea level to 8000 feet, plus 5-10 celsius to minus -10-15 celsius every day, rain to snow back to rain or snow except on sunny days, has worked no problem.

God Bless You. Great Karma !

There ya go must be the weird California weather ! :bowl:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
So when the sled is on the deck covered and you want to ride it off,,, how do you start it?

The same way when your sled is in the garage in the morning or night before and you put the cover on, you unbuckle the buckles, undo the velcro down the middle which goes from gas cap to below headlights and spread the sides open over the handle bars and it allows exposure to the pull start and you then pull that pull start and the machine then starts and then you either ride the sled up the deck to get to your destination or ride the sled off the deck, then take the cover off on solid ground, put it in your truck, and then go riding. If you fill up on the way to the hill you go from the gas cap area and open up the velcro and fill up the sled then close up the velcro and drive to destination. Hope that helps, cheers dave

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado

Yes!!! Needs to cover the tunnel also.

B
Feb 5, 2018
Awesome cover.. I think people need to try the velcro before they complain... it has pull tabs on it because its tough to undo. The velcro is crazy strong! I never see it blowing open.

My only complaint is it doesn't fit around/over the summit bag on the back of the seat.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Tried my cover on my Freeride w/SHOT last night.

In order to access the pull start, you REALLY have to pull on the cover with one hand and pull the recoil with the other. It's not convenient at all.

IMG_6904.jpg IMG_6905.jpg

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
To gimmicky for me. I'll risk my life all they way up there on the sled deck. I think it's more designed to ride on, but to start your sled with it on? Don't think so, unless you have e_start. Havnt died in the last 20 years from a fall off the sled deck. I think I'll keep risking my life up there.

Premium Features