• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The 2019 hold up....

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
This is not an announcement from Polaris... just my own observation and speculation.

I'm hearing from a couple dealer employees that there may be some merit to the rumors of an actual reason for a snowcheck delivery holdup.

The rumor is that there was an issue with the Bosch fuel pump not meeting Polaris quality check. Polaris held up in shipping sleds and have been working with their vendor to rectify the issue.
Polaris wanted to send 2019 sleds out from the factory ready to go instead of having to do a recall later, which I wholeheartedly agree. There isn't enough snow anyway.

The units that already went out may or may not have had the bad fuel pump. I'm hearing that Polaris has the specific sled serial numbers pinned down and identified.
I suspect those affected owners will be notified.

Polaris is once again sending out the "your snow-check has shipped" emails. I also got mine this morning.

So it looks like maybe Polaris has got their issue fixed and is now able to commence with winter.

Last edited:

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
My sled shipped yesterday to north west b.c. , so I'm guessing they have figured it out.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
No email yet but hat's ok.. No snow either.
I'm fine with waiting until it's done, and done right. I'd rather wait an extra week or two now, when there's no snow, as compared with early Jan, and down for weeks upon weeks because they can't get replacement parts...

Snowedunder

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2008
BC
My dealer thinks they will be changing the fuel pump once sled has been delivered to them .

S
Oct 10, 2009
My dealer thinks they will be changing the fuel pump once sled has been delivered to them .
My SBA 850 is supposed to come in late nov (Sweden). According to my dealer they have got order to not put fuel in or start it before they have checked the fuel pump.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I saw the "stop sale" notice for the fuel pump issue. Sleds were supposed to ship here on the 19th, they delayed it to the 26th, haven't heard if they did or not. Dealer is pissed. Like ready to sell Yamaha sleds pissed. ;) J/K

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
So from all the research I've done only chaincase sleds have arrived. This is aside from the demos that the dealers received.

Any of you gents up there ^^ with shipping notification emails have belt drives on the way?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
So from all the research I've done only chaincase sleds have arrived. This is aside from the demos that the dealers received.

Any of you gents up there ^^ with shipping notification emails have belt drives on the way?

Yep.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
So both my buddy's sleds that were supposed to ship on the 26th didn't. No update from Polaris on when they will. My 175 Doodoo is supposed to be here this week. Wish the 154 Freeride would come first. Either way, seems like the manufacturers are having some issues this year. My 16 Freeride arrived in July, lol. And I got to play with some Alpha Cats today, very interesting, will have to see if they work. Regardless, the smell of new out of the crate sleds makes my pants tight. :)

Premium Features