• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tow bumper

kyinwa

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2011
washington
Does anybody make a good looking rear bumper that would also allow you to tow a trailer?

We have a family cabin that we ride into sometimes and we have to bring food & fuel that we pull in with a dogsled style trailer that looks like this:

c372d5f9-4c1e-4c03-ba38-7afc343d965c_1.97b205c909c688422e94b56ab5a7ee65.jpeg

I don't need the functionality every weekend and the factory heavy duty towing bumper will work but its not the best in the looks department.

I'm thinking some kind of a mashup between an aggressive bumper like the Skinz bumper like this

2426-tm_thickbox_default.jpg

and the Polaris towing bumper that lets you swap out hitch types:

2876677.jpg

Anything out there or could skinz add this on to their product line?

kyinwa

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2011
washington
That looks nice! Says it doesn't work with the removable snowflap which I already have. Maybe I will have to make a decision as to which is more important. I am interested to see how your fab work with the Skinz product comes out. Please post back when its done.

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I had Skidoo's tow bumper and there was nothing wrong with it. It's drilled for the hitch assembly and I think it was under $ 100.00 from Skidoo.

kyinwa

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2011
washington
Yeah its definitely the factory approved and most economical option.

Its just ugly and doesn't have the functionality of being able to swap out for different trailer hitch types.

pauly-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
SILVER STAR,MT
bumper

i bought ski doo"s heavy duty bumper.woks great hauled fuel and gear to a cabin in wyoming 45 miles one way .probaly 250 lbs of gear-gas-food BEER.pre drilled holes for what ever hitch you want.pin type or pinal.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
We have the same situation in needing to haul our gear into the cabin. This is what we came up with. You don't really notice it until your up close.

IMG_3230.jpeg

kyinwa

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2011
washington
We have the same situation in needing to haul our gear into the cabin. This is what we came up with. You don't really notice it until your up close.

Did you get this fabbed up locally? If so, would they make another?

Premium Features