• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

R

realbass

Feb 3, 2009
Russia, Krasnoyarsk
A lot of guys here in russia switched from Axys to G4 for a couple past years.
I can see that ski doo parts are selling here some more than polaris parts at this year. Polaris with his ice age engine lose market. I am still running axys but right now i am looking for cheap used g4...

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'm one that doesn't need to see a bigger engine... just one that is more well sorted.

Bigger engines have plus's and minus's to them.
In a given chassis, bigger engines are not as agile.
Depends on what is most important to you.

Polaris.... Please focus on things that are important to remedy in the sleds and refine.
Move on when you have sorted some issues.

I know whatever is going to happen for 2019 sleds is a "Done Deal" at this point... I just hope you've fixed the issues that the sleds have.

1) Greatly improve the wiring harness

2)Greatly improve the Exhaust Valve cable system.

3) Greatly improve the durability of the motor mounts and torque arm.

4) Improve strength of chassis where possible (the very weak bumper mounts come to mind)

5) Alter the foot hold loop location to be less injury inducing.

my 2¢

Last edited:
J
Oct 13, 2010
Washington
Supposedly around 850cc is the maximum displacement for a twin cylinder before either a balance shaft or some pretty substantial engine geometry changes are required to ensure reliability. Interesting too see how this plays out...

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
I’m excited for this years release. Hopefully it good because I have a 16 with low miles that I want to replace. Gotta be something good though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F

fastrack0

Mar 28, 2014
Penticton, BC
My dealer, who works closely with boondocker told me today that he think Polaris is bringing out a stock turbo, made by boondocker. Of course it's only a rumour...

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
March 5th

New fuel injection system ??? More stroke 840? Could it be? I hope for a good engine w a strong tunnel, and better electrical. Either way I’m loving my 16’ 155 still! I sold my 850 I like my axys so much ?

E
Dec 24, 2011
Yakima wa
I ride with 2 axys sleds. Both around 1400 miles. Other than one minor electrical issue with the hand warmer switches they have been rock solid. I rode one all day today then jumped to the 18 cat for a bit. The thing I would like to see is 36 inch a arms because no matter how light they are they throw over so much harder than the cat, and for me personally riding aggressive terrain it did ware me out more than my cat. Would also like to see a different track, the Polaris track imo sucks. Just my opinion ??

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
I ride with 2 axys sleds. Both around 1400 miles. Other than one minor electrical issue with the hand warmer switches they have been rock solid. I rode one all day today then jumped to the 18 cat for a bit. The thing I would like to see is 36 inch a arms because no matter how light they are they throw over so much harder than the cat, and for me personally riding aggressive terrain it did ware me out more than my cat. Would also like to see a different track, the Polaris track imo sucks. Just my opinion ??

Good to know demoing cat soon! I run the 3” pc on my axys ?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I heard today, no new engine. Maybe true, maybe not.

Made me wonder how many dealers still had leftover 18's?

So the dealers may just as well send the 18"s back for new 19 graphics and then then Polaris can ship them back to the dealers. ha ha

Ohhh wait.......they'll just make the dealers take a ridiculous amount of 19 sleds, piss the dealers off, which in turn floods the market even more, lowering the value of used sleds, which then pisses the consumer off..........................

I wonder how many dealers will start pushing back and refusing product? We're starting to see it around here. No more Arctic Cat dealer here or in another town north of us. They basically said, we're done having sleds shoved down our throats is what I've heard. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Last edited:

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I ride with 2 axys sleds. Both around 1400 miles. Other than one minor electrical issue with the hand warmer switches they have been rock solid. I rode one all day today then jumped to the 18 cat for a bit. The thing I would like to see is 36 inch a arms

From what I hear your wish will be granted on the 36"!!

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I've had a change of heart on the 36" a-arms, after a few trips west this season, and after getting some time on a 2018 Axys 155.

My current sled (it's for sale, if anyone is interested), a 2012 156 X3, with 36" arms, tips where you look. It's amazing in the deep. However, if you get on set up snow or hard pack, it becomes much more of a workout than a stock stance Pro. It wants to tip over on any side incline and requires a lot more effort to keep it upright, especially if you need to ride trails or tight trees to your destination.

I rode a 2016 Axys when they first came out and my '12 Pro was much more 'flickable'. I don't know if the Axys wasn't set up right or what, but it just didn't perform as well. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, and I got on a stock 2018 Axys. It felt sooo much lighter and tipped on edge just as easy as my pro. Maybe it was better set up than the '16 or maybe they made improvements?? I don't know. All I know is that it's time to upgrade.

The wider stance of the Axys didn't hinder my riding at all and I think the 39" stance is probably the best for the vast majority of riders, when it comes to an Axys. For a Pro-Ride chassis, the 36" is the bomb in the deep.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Things they should do before messing with anything.

1- Wiring with sealed connectors. (every one of my connectors under dash was bleeding corosion after 600 miles) crazy for a sled that lives in a heated shop and is covered on a deck or in an enclosed trailer.

2- clutching better suited to this motor (stock clutching runs good just makes a lot of heat)

3- a primary built to handle the vibration. my 3rd axy in a row and by 1000 miles they all need fully rebuilt clutches as every bushing is destroyed causing major rpm fade issues.

4- motor mounts. the motor moves way to much and feeds the clutching/rpm fade issues.

They have the best handling sled on the market by a long shot. If they could just make it so it had a usable lifespan above 1000 miles without needing new motor mounts and clutches would be awesome.

Given the DEEP rebates being offered right now its obvious something good is coming out. They are dumping 18's to make room for something thats for sure.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Given the DEEP rebates being offered right now its obvious something good is coming out. They are dumping 18's to make room for something thats for sure.

Discount was better last year. I purchased a 2017 155 this time last year for $9599. this year a 2018 is now $10,199. I was hoping for a bigger discount if these new sleds rumor was true.

With 2 days riding so far this year and no snow in the forecast, I'll keep my sleds another year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Premium Features