• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

matchrocket

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2016
Boise
Mine has not made it 400 miles with out relays or wiring problems (1080 miles on sled) going bad. Will never own a Axys with out warranty after this

I cleaned wrapped and put DI grease on my releays @ 300 miles due to problems. Just shy of 700 now and No issues.

However.... when I went into the bag under the steering column to install my Munster TSS for the finger throttle conversion, I found more corrosion. All those connectors are next on my heat wrap DI routine....

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
2016 Axys, both rear shocks recharged, clutch alignment off, tps specs out of tolerance, water pump seal leak which involved pulling motor, both ski dampeners replaced, warm start software update, and recently my injectors have gone bad. all with 300 miles on the sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Like said, those who know cant say. I can say my low mileage fully built and tested Axys will go up for sale before April. I had my 16 for 2 seasons and now this 18 with zero issues. I have never had any electrical issues but my sled only travels in a enclosed trailer so maybe that helps. But I also pretty much only ride with other Axys sleds with zero electrical issues as well..

This 18 has been awesome! The cooler temps have been way good on the trails in, big difference from a 17! It just runs a bit better all the way across the board.

Myself, I am stoked for what ever is coming... Even if it was just BNG because these sleds flat out perform!

Last edited:

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I have 5 axys sleds not 1 issue, I ride with multiple other axys sleds none of them have had an issue, but we all have enclosed trailers so no salt for us.

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
I wish mine was was dependable.....it's been in a enclosed trailer or sled deck, always stored inside. But where mine might be different is I don't ride trails, leave from cabin that boarder FS. Been in hood deep snow more often then not, always have steam coming from under hood. The last 3 times I've rode it it's went down on me....besides the other crap(TPS,relays, broke pipe,) it's done since new. Glad some got a good one, mines been a lemon

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Something that occurred to me riding with a buddy this weekend, who has a SLP pipes/Carl's clutched 16 with 1100 miles: If the new engine doesn't have any more HP than an SLP 800, not a huge reason to dump the 800 for the new sled in that case. Unless SLP can make another 15 horse more with the new engine, but I have a feeling that the current 800 was detuned a bit from Polaris to see how they last, which is why SLP was able to make such huge gains. Be interesting to see.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I only state that because it seems like the SLP setup is pretty much mandatory on the current 800 model. I only know one guy here who runs a stock pipe, my other three riding buddies won't ride a stocker, one of them even set up his wife's rigs with a pipe.

P
Jan 31, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR.
Am I the only one that thinks it’s super weird how people come on threads like this about a 2019 release and then bitch about how their Polaris sleds suck and demand that if what they want aren’t on the new sleds they are leaving. Okay..... well if you don’t like the Polaris go buy a heavy sled from the other manufacturers. Joys of America. We have options! Bye Felica!

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
Really surprised we haven’t heard more about the 2019’s yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Am I the only one that thinks it’s super weird how people come on threads like this about a 2019 release and then bitch about how their Polaris sleds suck and demand that if what they want aren’t on the new sleds they are leaving. Okay..... well if you don’t like the Polaris go buy a heavy sled from the other manufacturers. Joys of America. We have options! Bye Felica!

Whats wrong with wanting more out of these sleds when there are improvements to be made? Whos knows what kind of junk we would be riding if there wasnt a demand for better sleds.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Just hope they don't get stuck in the engine wars of the mid 90's, no chassis improvements just one bigger motor after another. Man those sleds SUCKED!!!

Premium Features