• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 IGNITE active thermal Goggles??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Has anyone here on SnoWest had the opportunity to test a pair of these yet?

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
https://www.509films.com/store/sinister-x5-ignite-goggles.html

The Sinister X5 Ignite Snow Goggle
The future of anti-fog goggles has arrived! Introducing the Ignite heated dual lens technology by 509. Available exclusively on our Sinister X5 & Kingpin goggles, the Ignite heated lens provides the ultimate in fog prevention technology. Fueled by a lightweight strap mounted 7.4V 2200mAh rechargeable lithium-ion power pack, the entire surface of the lens quickly heats up to 104°F using a transparent thermal conductive ITO (Indium Tin Oxide) layer on the inner lens. Evolved from military aircraft windshield defrosting technology, the Ignite quickly eliminates fog with a single button in either two minute auto mode or ‘always on’ mode. A continuous run time rating of 4-5 full hours at max temp ensures you are fog free all day. Simply recharge the pack for tomorrow’s ride. The power pack features integrated Bluetooth technology for battery status, firmware upgrades, and to create customized heating profiles that fit your specific needs (using our free Ignite mobile app, coming soon).

Features
Ignite heated dual lens technology
Thermal conductive transparent ITO (Indium Tin Oxide) heated lens
Strap mounted rechargeable lightweight 7.4v, 2200mAh, lithium-ion power pack
104° F maximum heating temperature
Lightweight rechargeable power pack & charging cable
4-5 hour continuous max temp runtime
Mobile app connectivity (coming soon) through integrated power pack Bluetooth
Single button ignition: Auto 120 second & always on modes
Audible & LED status indicators
Sonic welded, IP57 rated water & dust resistant power pack
Specifications
Material: Thermal Conductive Transparent ITO
Style: Heated
Waterproof Rating: IP57 Rated

2018 Sinister X5 Ignite Goggle Styles
509 Black Ops Sinister X5 Ignite Snow Goggle

509-X5GOG-18-BOI.jpg

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Ordering a pair for sure. Wish they had more lense color choices. I would never want smoke colored heated lenses because if its bright enough for dark lenses like that I won't fog them. And yellow don't work with my eyes. Green ones it is!

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
I REALLY like that 509 appears to be focused mostly on snowmobiling and I want to support them BUT... They charge a premium and they're not always worth the premium. I see a replacement battery for those suckers is $90 woof!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I REALLY like that 509 appears to be focused mostly on snowmobiling and I want to support them BUT... They charge a premium and they're not always worth the premium. I see a replacement battery for those suckers is $90 woof!!

But IF THEY WORK......:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
200 bucks for a pair of goggles though? I could buy plenty pairs of quality goggles for that much. Heck, I got 4 pairs of Oakleys at home for a total of $110.

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
Interesting for sure. Hope they do work. I don't fog often but when I do, its a PITA! I run 509 Aviators, they just fit my helmet and face pretty good, work well for me. I would definitely buy a set once I hear some reviews. I carry two spare sets of goggles in the event of fogging issues anyway, but it would be nice if you could hit the button and bye bye fog.
I have tried the fan, and that didn't seem to work that well, but maybe this will. At least 509 is trying something!

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
There is the oakley inferno or whatever they are called for about the same price and those Anon I head about. How do those work? If good I imagine these 509 will be similar

aphoric

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2011
Centennial, CO
I paid over $600 for a pair of Smith fan goggles with RX inserts. They fog up like crazy and I always end up switching to one of my non-RX backup pairs. I'm wondering how inserts would perform in these, I might end up getting a pair just to see. And no, I am not touching my eye, so it's glasses or inserts.

Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries are not so great in the cold. It looks sized right and correct voltage to use the 81650 batteries that you can get good ones at 2200mAh for about $10. There is only one rea$on they didn't just put in a spring clip battery holder so you could carry a couple extras. These batteries are commonly used in vapes, so this is like face vaping, if you are sensitive to being a hipster.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I have aboms and they work better than anything I've tried as long as you don't take them off. They were $260. I would rather give 509 my money. They don't have the touch of bunny hugger flavor.

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
I'll probably end up buying them. $200 for fogless goggles is well worth it compared to $100 goggles that fog.

Premium Features